Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording a second monitor in Presenter Video Express 11

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any way to record a secondary monitor with presenter video express 11?  I am recording a power point and software simulations and I would like to do so on a secondary blank monitor rather than having my desktop show every time I need to make a transition between programs during recording.  I cannot find any options within video express 11 to select which monitor it is using for recording, and when I record with my desktop extended to 2 displays it will only record the main monitor.  Please let me know if there is any way to have video express 11 record the second monitor instead of the main monitor, and thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Video Express doesn't support recording of secondary displays at the moment. This is something we are currently investigating, and I'll keep you posted with workarounds or updates as we have them.

Thank you,

Renzil D'Souza

PVX Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to pick which monitor the software records if we have multiple monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Sorry we do not have this feature at the moment, but we are planning to add it in a future update.

Thank you,

Renzil DSouza

Video Express Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016 you promised to add the feature and it is 2020 now......we have moved to video express and still this feature is not available....amazing product developement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be advised that you have posted this message on the wrong forum.  This is the Adobe Captivate User Forum, not the Adobe Presenter forum.  The people on this forum have no control over what the Adobe software company decides to include in any of their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, there is no Presenter forum anymore. I got a message that Presenter questions have to be posted in the Connect forum. 

You comment is to the point, most users do not realize that staff members rarely are around to answer questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's safe to say that PVX will not be updated in the future. You may wish to switch to Adobe Captivate or a competing product like Camtasia.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can always move the primary monitor. On Mac, at least, you can open System Preferences, select Displays, then click Arrangement. Drag the blue bar at the top of one of the monitors to the one you want to record. Then, start Presenter Video Express. It will screen record that monitor.

I use this technique to record PowerPoint decks. I set up the presentation so the Presenter Tools are on my big monitor, and the presentation runs on the smaller monitor. I also move the primary monitor to the small monitor so that PVE will pick it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources