9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 1:12 AM by NimChimpski

Cineware link failure issue

NimChimpski Level 1

Hi All,

I have tried every recommendation (I think...) and still cant get the Maxon C4D lite to work.

I have tried:

TCP port change

Run as Administrator

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times (with my connection speed that's a day out the window already)

I went to remove the Maxon files from support/plugins but found they were removed anyway with the uninstall

It worked before I took the W10 plunge and I am happy to accept that it is a security/permissions issue but where?

cheers

• 1. Re: Cineware link failure issue
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Download Sysinternals' Process Explorer and possibly a network monitoring tool like WireShark, then set them to filter on your After Effects and watch their activity. Something is going to make a blip and trigger a failure warning, which could provide a clue.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Cineware link failure issue
            NimChimpski Level 1

Thanks for the response. I will try this as soon as I am back in front of it.

cheers

• 3. Re: Cineware link failure issue
              NimChimpski Level 1

I got those 2 recommendations and discovered that my IT-ness is, perhaps, not quite as polished as you might have thought. I have been able to catch the C4D Lite in the Process Explorer giving me a "user access denied". I also get glimpses of CineRenderAE . The Wireshark seems to want to monitor my network adapter activity and so I am not sure how to set it up.

I am wondering if this is about writing to the programs directory? That seems verboten.

cheers

• 4. Re: Cineware link failure issue

If you click on the details of the error, you should see which files and registry keys it's trying to access. You can then of course fixed those botched user permissions.

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Cineware link failure issue
                  NimChimpski Level 1

I have the Process Explorer set to scroll to new processes and highlight green - the last time I hit AE to invoke C4D I got Microsoft Searchindexer.exe with some references to Red Giant FX - could there be a conflict with Red Giant?....just spotted your incoming...

• 6. Re: Cineware link failure issue
                    NimChimpski Level 1

not sure how to click on the details of the error . . .

Must say that AE spends much of the time "not responding" so it is quite frustrating.

the afore mentioned searchindexer comes up quite a bit and not sure if it is related or not

• 7. Re: Cineware link failure issue
                      NimChimpski Level 1

I also get the message "The server does not appear to be running" in response to adjusting things in the Effects Controls for Cineware

you kind of get the feeling that you are cap in hand with this packaged version of C4D - like complaining about a gift

is it well used or do most just go and buy the full weight?

• 8. Re: Cineware link failure issue

I had a full license of C4D for years and thus couldn't be bothered with C4D Lite, even more so since until the last release Cineware didn't have the OpenGL renderer and navigating a C4D scene in the AE comp with the camera was a major cramp. Still, even with a full version you'd need to sort out those technical issues, but this is really difficult to resolve not sitting in front of the computer. If it reports the server as not running, something is probably blocking the respective ports, but at this point it's realyl a bit liek running in circles. the detailed info in Process explorer can be called up from the right-click menu or be displayed directly in the info panel if you set the verbosity level accordingly.

Mylenium

• 9. Re: Cineware link failure issue
                          NimChimpski Level 1

I have had no time to pursue this further until now . . . . . had to compromise my vision and get the project finished.

I just downloaded the new release hoping that it would work but no. I am not sure why my setup is causing this trouble - it is pretty standard. I think I will try throwing it all back to Adobe to solve.