4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 2:26 AM by wildglio

Export facial recognition data to html

wildglio

I have many hundreds of photographs dating back to the mid 1800s where I have identified faces. I would like to be able to export the photos with the facial recognition data to produce a web page.

Is this possible in Lightroom 6 or Elements 14?

If I upgrade to Lightroom 6 can I import the data from Elements with the facial recognition data attached?

I currently use Lightroom 5.7 & Elements 14 on an iMac 27 with OS X El Capitan

• 1. Re: Export facial recognition data to html
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
          I would like to be able to export the photos with the facial recognition data to produce a web page.

Are you interested in a solution that produces the formatted Web page, or do you want a list of photos with the facial recognition data, e.g. in a text file or spreadsheet?  By "facial recognition data", do you want just the names attached to the photos, or do you also want the rectangles around the faces?  Are you comfortable writing command-line scripts?

With respect LR and PSE, I don't know if LR imports PSE recognition data.  If you want just the names and not the face rectangles, it's possible that PSE will record the names as keywords, which LR will import.  If you want face rectangles as well, in theory LR should import that from PSE, since there's an industry standard that LR mostly follows, but I don't know about PSE.  It's easy enough to see for yourself -- download the LR 6 free trial and import a test catalog from PSE.

• 2. Re: Export facial recognition data to html
            wildglio Level 1

I would like LR to produce a page per photo with the ability to click an icon to turn the facial recognition boxes on to reveal the names. That would be the ideal. This is a project to hopefully identify many hundreds of people in photos for a history society.

I had also thought of how or if it is possible to produce a spreadsheet of names and the filenames they are included in.

PSE tried to import the data but apparently had a problem and I am now re-entering the squares!

I haven't tried writing command-line scripts yet, but am always willing to learn!

• 3. Re: Export facial recognition data to html
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
              I would like LR to produce a page per photo with the ability to click an icon to turn the facial recognition boxes on to reveal the names. That would be the ideal. This is a project to hopefully identify many hundreds of people in photos for a history society.

I don't know of any plugins or software that would do most of the work for you.  Perhaps someone else does.

I had also thought of how or if it is possible to produce a spreadsheet of names and the filenames they are included in.

The LR/Transporter plugin can export a spreadsheet containing filenames and the keywords attached to them.  (LR stores the names attached to faces as regular keywords.)

If you want access to the actual rectangle around each face as well as the name attached to the rectangle, you'll need to export the photos from LR and then use an external tool like the free Exiftool to extract the data.   The learning curve on Exiftool is pretty steep, so unless you're technically minded with past scripting or programming experience, expect to take many, many hours to get up to speed.

• 4. Re: Export facial recognition data to html
                wildglio Level 1

Thanks so much for your comments. I have been to the Photographer's Toolbox website and downloaded LR/Transporter plugin and there maybe more I will try there.

LR/Transporter certainly answers one of my quests.

Thanks again