Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Can you try to de-authorize ADE (Erase Authorization) from ADE and then authorize it back and check if you get the same issue? Go to Help > Erase Authentication.
If you face any issue while erasing the Authentication then please try the below steps:
1. Close ADE.
2. Go to Registry (Run>Regedit) > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software >Adobe.
3. Rename the Folder "Adept" to "Adept_OLD".
4. Now Launch ADE again and authorize again and check the issue.
Thanks for the suggestion. I successfully deauthorized the computer, then reauthorized it and tried to read the ebook. For one of the copies, when I double-click on it, I get the error "Unable to open [Title]. No record for this loan is found on this machine." The other two copies of the book that show up in my library give the error "Unable to download. Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_RETURNED."
To resolve the following error "Unable to open [Title]. No record for this loan is found on this machine."
- Make sure your computer is authorized with the original account you used to download the eBook.
- Delete the title from ADE.
- If you still have the acsm file then please download it again and then check if you still get the issue.
1 person found this helpful
Thanks for your reply. As I said in my original post:
I tried right-clicking and selecting "Remove from Library", and it appears to be removed, but if I close ADE and open it again, the book reappears. I now how three "copies" of the same book showing up in ADE, and none of them are readable. And I keep getting new .annot and new Library-Sync-Book.acsm files created in My Documents/My Digital Editions.
So I've already tried, several times, deleting the title from ADE and re-downloading the acsm file, and the error still occurs. And on top of that, I get additional copies of the title appearing in the ADE library.