• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library checkout problems

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 computer, Kobo Glo HD e-reader and ADE version 4.5.1 here.

A couple of weeks ago, I checked out a book from my public library. The due date would have been when I was away on a trip, and I wanted to have the book for the whole trip, so I returned it and tried to check it out again, to extend the loan period past the end of my trip. The provider registered the checkout, and let me download the .acsm file, but when I try to open that file, ADE says "Unable to download. Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN", then a dialog box opens saying "Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.1 has stopped working", and Windows closes ADE. If I try to run ADE again, it crashes again. When I run it a third time, it doesn't crash, and the book appears on my bookshelf, but when I try to read it, it says "Unable to open [Title] No record for this loan is found on this machine, it may have been returned."

As well, if I try to return it again, my provider shows it as returned, but the book still appears on my bookshelf. I tried right-clicking and selecting "Remove from Library", and it appears to be removed, but if I close ADE and open it again, the book reappears. I now how three "copies" of the same book showing up in ADE, and none of them are readable. And I keep getting new .annot and new Library-Sync-Book.acsm files created in My Documents/My Digital Editions.

I'd like to be able to either read the book (and copy it to my Kobo!), or just remove it completely from my computer and have ADE stop creating new files every time I run it.

Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathew,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Can you try to de-authorize ADE (Erase Authorization) from ADE and then authorize it back and check if you get the same issue? Go to Help > Erase Authentication.

If you face any issue while erasing the Authentication then please try the below steps:

1. Close ADE.

2. Go to Registry (Run>Regedit) > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software >Adobe.

3. Rename the Folder "Adept" to "Adept_OLD".

4. Now Launch ADE again and authorize again and check the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I successfully deauthorized the computer, then reauthorized it and tried to read the ebook. For one of the copies, when I double-click on it, I get the error "Unable to open [Title]. No record for this loan is found on this machine." The other two copies of the book that show up in my library give the error "Unable to download. Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_RETURNED."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathew,

To resolve the following error "Unable to open [Title]. No record for this loan is found on this machine."

1. Make sure your computer is authorized with the original account you used to download the eBook.
  2. Delete the title from ADE.
  3. If you still have the acsm file then please download it again and then check if you still get the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. As I said in my original post:

I tried right-clicking and selecting "Remove from Library", and it appears to be removed, but if I close ADE and open it again, the book reappears. I now how three "copies" of the same book showing up in ADE, and none of them are readable. And I keep getting new .annot and new Library-Sync-Book.acsm files created in My Documents/My Digital Editions.

So I've already tried, several times, deleting the title from ADE and re-downloading the acsm file, and the error still occurs. And on top of that, I get additional copies of the title appearing in the ADE library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines