3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 10:42 AM by bcpasnadersnips

Rigging with Hands in Front?

bcpasnadersnips

Hi you guys!  I've watched all the livestreams and really enjoyed them and learned a lot - but I've run into an issue with a character I'm working on.  I have a close up face, and I want the hands in front.  I wasn't sure I could accomplish it as the software might not like having an extra folder up to - but I decided to give it a shot anyway and see what happened.  What's happened is it doesn't like it, but I don't know if that's because it just won't, or that I'm missing a trick.

I've got 6 different hand positions and I'd like to be able to drag them - but I must be doing something wrong because while they show up and the keystrokes trigger them properly, they won't drag.  Also I can't get the hair to do anything but be plastered to the back scenery so I've clearly done something wrong there, too -  but one problem at a time I guess   I didn't know what I might need to do a screen cap of but here is the file set up in photoshop - the eyes & mouth work perfectly.  Any tips are greatly appreciated!

file names.PNG

• 1. Re: Rigging with Hands in Front?
          oksamurai Employee Moderator

Hmmm - you should be able to do this. if you added a draggable handle onto the +hands group within CH (like https://youtu.be/qnMGlJg6x5w), they should drag. You could try adding a draggable handle to other areas - like the body - and see if that works?

You'll want to put the rear hair inside the Fairy 3 folder - anything outside of that will be seen as a disconnected part, which is why it isn't moving. For example, you could make another group below the body called +RearHair. I'd also remove that black background.

If it still isn't working, feel free to DM me the file (like a Creative Cloud, Dropbox, or Google Drive link) to your PSD...

• 2. Re: Rigging with Hands in Front?
            oksamurai Employee Moderator

Just to close this out, Elizabeth sent me the file and the biggest issue seemed to be how the hands weren't connected to anything - putting a bar (offscreen) between them helped bring them together and get them going. I also put the hair in a second folder and added a second Face behavior to it to also control it with head tracking.

fairy.gif

• 3. Re: Rigging with Hands in Front?
              bcpasnadersnips Level 1

Thank you SO MUCH!  You star   I really appreciate it.

Beth