4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 11:05 AM by bogiesan

How can i make my Textured Particles (Particle World) look like lines coming from the center?

Sebastian676 Level 1

How can i make my Textured Particles (Particle World) look like lines coming from the center? I want to use that 'circle with line' shown in the picture but with the animation of the second (boxed in a green square) particle system made with 'lines'.

When i put the object/image it just makes it coming from random movements, how can i change that so they only appear from the center as a straight lines?

Thanks in regards.

textured.png

• 1. Re: How can i make my Textured Particles (Particle World) look like lines coming from the center?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Textured particles are not lines. I don't have AE in front of me now but for complete explanation of how to use particle world type "particle world" in the search help field at the top right corner of After Effects and check out the community resources. You should find everything you need to know. It's all a matter of setting things up correctly.

• 2. Re: How can i make my Textured Particles (Particle World) look like lines coming from the center?
            bogiesan Level 4

Particle World is really complex. There are some video tutorials on the webs that might help you. There are resources at Cycore Effects, the outfit that wrote the original Particle World. When you use an image layer for the texture, it is applied to one of the textured particles. Then you need to start suing all of the various controls to limit the orientation at birth and the subsequent movements and rotations as the particle ages. These are not trivial adjustments. Particles are hard.

These are from the AE online help system:

CycoreFX (CC)

Documentation for Cycore FX plug-ins is available on the Cycore website. For more information, see Resources for Cycore FX (CC) effects.

Resources for Cycore FX (CC) effects

CycoreFX HD (1.7.1) is included in the installation of After Effects CC and CS6. There is 16-bpc support in all effects, and 32-bpc (float) support in 35 effects. Included are 12 additional plug-ins. CycoreFX HD plug-ins have support for motion blur, lights, more controls, and options.

This video by Todd Kopriva and video2brain introduces the new Cycore effects and improved color bit depth. You will learn how to apply a couple of these effects and see what it means to use different bit depths.

Documentation—including tutorials and example projects—for the Cycore FX (CC) plug-ins is available on the Cycore website.

Alan Shisko provides a video tutorial on the ProVideo Coalition website that demonstrates the use of the CC RepeTile effect.

Bob Donlon provides the following tutorial about the CC Particle Systems II effect on the Adobe website:

Eran Stern provides a video tutorial on his website that demonstrates the CC Particle System II and CC Mr. Mercury effects.

• 3. Re: How can i make my Textured Particles (Particle World) look like lines coming from the center?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You cannot really control orientation of particles in Particle World. That would be more of a thing for Trapcode Particular...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: How can i make my Textured Particles (Particle World) look like lines coming from the center?
                bogiesan Level 4

Using textured square, there are not rotation controls available, the orientation is determined by the image used for the texture layer.

Using textured tripoly or quad poly, the initial rotation can be set to establish orientation and rotation speed can be set to zero to maintain the radial tilt. Selecting the rotation axis can give you more selection over orientation parameters.

Possible but tedious.

But I don't understand the OP's inquiry either, bit of a translation issue: "When i put the object/image it just makes it coming from random movements, how can i change that so they only appear from the center as a straight lines?"