1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 4:39 PM by Peter Spier

Indesign CS5 (v7.0.4) error opening says needs updated plug-ins, Update runs forever without finding anything, Manually installing the update hangs on blank window

David Polzine

When I try to open a CS5 document, I get a slew of messages about out dated plug-ins recommending I try updating.

When I try updating vis the "Updates..." menu item in InDesign, Adobe Application Monitor launches but runs forever without any feedback and can only be quit via force quit.

So I tried downloading the latest update for both CS5 and CS5.5 (nothing disucsses whether 5.5 was a free or paid update so I thought I'd try).

When I try to run the installers Apple's Gatekeeper says they're damaged so I turned Gatekeeper off in Security & Privacy Preferences Pane.

Now the updaters run, but only long enough to open a blank Adobe Application Manager window which appears hung as nothing appears in the window, and it appears to be using no-CPU time in Activity Montior.

Here's my setup:

2011 MacBook Pro 15" with 16gb ram running a fully updated El Capitan

CS 5 Master Suite with InDesign 7.0.4

I also have a subscription to the Adobe Photographers Creative Cloud bundle for Photoshop and Lightroom, which shouldn't be relevant but perhaps there are daemons/extensions (there are a crap-ton of them) related to CC that are conflicting with CS's AAM?

Other Adobe app/suite/cloud related issues that might be a factor?

- I have Reader DC installed and it seems to work fine but some version of AAM runs once a day advising of an update to an earlier version of Reader but when I select to update, it fails.

- I have the latest Flash, but since before installing the CC items either the net installer or the special hard to find full offline installers fail with a simply "An error occured." The only way I can update is to locate each new offline installer, download that, uninstall Flash completely, then run the offline installer... For EVERY SINGLE FLASH UPDATE the past 4 years!