4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2008 5:23 AM by Newsgroup_User

HTTPService Help

Energetic Pixels Level 1
      Ok. I am a newbie trying to learn Flex. I have been working through a Friends of Ed book called Foundation: Flex for Designers. In chapter 8, they have you build a photo gallery that is controlled by an external xml file and pictures are of course external to the application. I am working with Flex Builder 3. I keep getting the following error at runtime through flex builder. My mxml file is as follows too.. What am I doing wrong.

Help set this newbie straight.....
      respectfully,
      Anthony Jackman
      US Navy Senior Chief (ret)
        • 1. Re: HTTPService Help
          rtalton Level 4
          It sounds like your app cannot find the xml file.
          This might help you:
          http://www.judahfrangipane.com/blog/?p=87
          • 2. Re: HTTPService Help
            Level 7

"AMTCS_GOD" <ambassador_kosh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
            news:ghfhfh$5f1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Ok. I am a newbie trying to learn Flex. I have been working through a
            > Friends
            > of Ed book called Foundation: Flex for Designers. In chapter 8, they have
            > you
            > build a photo gallery that is controlled by an external xml file and
            > pictures
            > are of course external to the application. I am working with Flex Builder
            > 3.
            > I keep getting the following error at runtime through flex builder. My
            > mxml
            > file is as follows too.. What am I doing wrong.

Are you serving this from a web server? If not, I think there's a compile
            flag you need to switch to allow HTTPService to look locally to itself. You
            don't have to do that with a URLLoader, so I always use URLLoader for
            something that has to look locally to itself both in development and in
            production--I don't like to mess with the compiler switches.

HTH;

Amy

• 3. Re: HTTPService Help
              gallaharsha Level 1
              Amy,
              Could you please detail it as to how to do it and what are the issues you face without URLLoader.

Thanks in advance..
              • 4. Re: HTTPService Help
                Level 7

"gallaharsha" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:ghifu7$pnk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Amy,
                > Could you please detail it as to how to do it and what are the issues you
                > face without URLLoader.
                >
                > Thanks in advance..

I'd have to look it up, same as you. I pointed you in enough of the right
                direction where you should be able to do that.

HTH;

Amy