5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2016 9:41 AM by Nancy OShea

Dreamweaver not making changes

brianh3284

This has to the the most frustrating program in the world!  I have repeatedly attempted to make changes in my Dreamweaver program and every time I refresh the page - nothing happens!  Is there anyone out there who can help me?? I am desperate....

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver not making changes
          Jon Fritz II Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you've made a change to a page locally, then uploaded that page to your server without an error warning, but you're still not seeing the new page in your browser when you go to the online version, it may be a sticky browser cache.

Clear your browser's cache and try again, or try from another browser/machine that hasn't visited the page recently.

If it still isn't working, we'll need more info to help you out properly. What are the exact steps you are taking to upload and view your files? Does your FTP Log give any errors?

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver not making changes
            Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you saving files after each change (Ctrl+S)?

Are you previewing in a local browser or uploading files and viewing the remote site?

What's the URL to your remote site?

Nancy O.

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver not making changes
              brianh3284 Level 1

No the issue I'm having is that I changed the size and resolution of some images in a photo editor like Photoshop.  However, when I go into Dreamweaver and preview them in split mode, I hit refresh and there are no changes.  The miages are still the same size that they were before I edited them!

• 4. Re: Dreamweaver not making changes
                brianh3284 Level 1

Also, I am using a Bootstrap feature called carousel to create a slideshow which is where I have all of my images.  The carousel seems to be throwing off the entire layout of my page.

• 5. Re: Dreamweaver not making changes
                  Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

#1 Save page.  Close page.

Restart Dreamweaver.

Open page.

Are your images the correct size now?

#2 When things go south it's almost always a code error caused by unbalanced tags.  Use the validation tool to check your code.  Window > Results > Validation.

Nancy O.

1 person found this helpful