6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 11:15 AM by nathaliel15100874

Assign a document language in Acrobat XI Pro and preserve it in Adobe Reader XI

nathaliel15100874

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Acrobat XI Pro and Adobe Reader XI. This comes up when assigning a document language to a PDF file, in Acrobat XI Pro.

Whenever I assign a document language in Acrobat XI Pro (I do this by setting the document’s language in the Advanced tab of the File Properties dialog [File > Properties]) and open the document in Adobe Reader XI, the document language isn't preserved; instead, if I check the Reading Options (which is located in the same place where I set document’s language, Advanced tab of the File Properties dialog [File > Properties]), there's a blank space next to "Language".

I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. After all, before closing the document (after assigning a document language), Acrobat XI Pro asks me whether I want to save the changes made to the document. Also, if I open the document in Acrobat XI Pro (after assigning a document language) and I check the reading Options, it says whatever language I chose next to "Language". The problem is that the language isn't preserved in Adobe Reader XI, which I need it to be for accessibility reasons.

So that's my question: How to assign a document language in Acrobat XI Pro and preserve it in Adobe Reader XI?

Here's a screenshot of the same document being opened in both Acrobat XI Pro and Adobe Reader XI to show what I mean:

AcrobatReaderSupportScreenshot-Language.png

Thank you for your help.