5 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2006 7:26 AM by Newsgroup_User

Director - Flash 8 - Issues

shatai
      I have a director file that launches a flash file inside of my projector. However, when the flash file loads it has missing elements from my flash movies.

My flash movie was created in Flash 8. Does this mean that Director and flash 8 are not compatible all the way?

Specifically, my text and some graphics are not displaying correctly:

what is going on????

Please, Help!

Thank you in Advance!

Jason
        • 1. Re: Director - Flash 8 - Issues
          Level 7
          Do you have the latest Director update (with the Flash 8 Asset xtra)?
          Does your Flash movie use loadMovie()?
          • 2. Re: Director - Flash 8 - Issues
            shatai Level 1
            Thank you for responding:

I don't have the update, I have had director for some time but never used it with flash... I will try the update...

And yes, my flash movie has a loadMovie function being used. Does this not operate correctly?

• 3. Re: Director - Flash 8 - Issues
              Level 7
              > I don't have the update, I have had director for some time but never used it
              > with flash... I will try the update...
              >
              > And yes, my flash movie has a loadMovie function being used. Does this not
              > operate correctly?

It does, but when you import the Flash file into Director's cast library
              you need to choose 'Link to external file' instead of 'Standard import'
              - and then remember to include the Flash file in the same relative
              location when you create and distribute a projector.
              • 4. Re: Director - Flash 8 - Issues
                shatai Level 1
                ok, I have downloaded the update and linked the external file. However, the flash movie still has problems. It seems that some text and symbols are missing from my flash movie.

The goal of my project is to be able to launch my flash movie from an auto run cd. It seems that director is the only way i can get it to launch full screen and have specifics like an icon for my movie.

What is the reason for the movies text and some symbols not showing up?
                • 5. Re: Director - Flash 8 - Issues
                  Level 7
                  Are the textfields in the Flash movie, static, dynamic or input text? If
                  you play the Flash .swf by itself, do the fonts work as expected?

If you are using static text in Flash, have you selected device fonts as
                  the default font? If you have, the font that the Flash xtra is using in
                  Director may not be the same as the font that you've selected during
                  authoring in Flash. Try setting a font in Flash.

If you are using dynamic or input text then be sure that you have
                  selected all of the character sets that you need from the Embed option.
                  Flash will show you all of the text and give no warning that you haven't
                  selected characters to embed during authoring. Playback is a different
                  story.

--
                  Rob
                  _______
                  Rob Dillon
                  Adobe Community Expert
                  http://www.ddg-designs.com
                  412-243-9119

http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial/