6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 8:29 AM by rob day

Why does my linked Illustrator file with an opacity mask give my Indesign file a washed out look?

kylep70746785

I have an indesign file that uses linked illustrator artwork. The illustrator files contain opacity masks and when I import them into my indesign layout they give the back ground of the pages a washed out look. I noticed that the one page in my Indesign project that does not have opacity masks linked to it looks just fine.

So I know that the opacity mask is effecting the indesign document somehow but I am not sure how to address the problem. I tried merging the texture in the opacity mask, flattening the illustrator artwork, pasting the illustrator shape directly into the page, saving the artwork as a PNG; but nothing seems to work.

Here is a shot of the page with the linked artwork.

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 11.07.40 PM.png

Here is one of how the page should look.

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 11.07.51 PM.png

Here is the opacity mask setup of my illustrator artwork. Its basically a group of white textures that I pasted into the opacity mask. It's only one layer.

Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 11.08.09 PM.png

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas I would appreciate it. I hope I provided enough details.