2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 12:48 AM by Mylenium

AE doesn't render all layers

SaarCohan Level 1

Hey everyone,

I'm new to AE and i just made a new composition which includes a background city image and buildings models.

When I'm rendering the composition, i can see AE renders only the buildings. Why is that?

Can you please help me figure it out?

I attached 2 pictures: the first is the timeline+ae screenshot and the second is the final .mov file.

צילום מסך 2016.06.05 ב.19.29.50.png

צילום מסך 2016.06.05 ב.19.29.08.png

Thank you very much!

• 1. Re: AE doesn't render all layers
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It's really hard to figure out how you have set up your composition. Nothing is labeled and we don't see the modified properties of any of your layers. We can't tell what layers are 3D. I've never seen "skycam" for a camera name or view. Only the Active Camera view will render, but I only see what I think is one camera in your project. Sorry, we need a lot more details and we need to see the switches column in the timeline to see which layers are 3D or to see if you have set any layers to guide layers.

• 2. Re: AE doesn't render all layers
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You will need to show us your Element 3D render settings and so on. You may have set something to override the background like fog or used some reflection settings that do not use the default background or you haven't even referenced it in the E3D interface. Other than that this could be an issue with the OpenGL rendering due to hardware/ driver problems...

Mylenium