8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 2:44 PM by Abambo

Emailing from Lightroom

FriarTuck 65

How do you get lightroom to add the image number to the email so the receiver knows the image number?

• 1. Re: Emailing from Lightroom
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

It should be included with the image as the file name. That is unless you are talking about some other image number?

• 2. Re: Emailing from Lightroom

FriarTuck 65

That's what I thought But I send myself a email and there are no numbers

Please keep replies to this thread.

So the image that shows up in you email to yourself has No File Name?

What exact number are you referring to?

In the LR library module, Grid View, images can have a number in the upper right hand corner but that is only in LR.

Image numbers.PNG

• 3. Re: Emailing from Lightroom

Sorry but I never use the Email feature inside of LR to email images to people. So I don't really know how it reacts. Even the few times I have used the "Email Photo" option inside of LR I always send it through my email program on my computer. It then gets attached to an email as a File including the name which are numbered by the camera when they are taken.

So I might be missing something.

I've never taken the time, no need to, set up the Outgoing server settings inside of LR because it is just easier to use my email program that is installed on my computers. They are already set up and I can add text to the outgoing email after the images are attached.

• 4. Re: Emailing from Lightroom
                Abambo Level 4

I never used the e-mail feature, but I did a short test. The image got attached keeping the complete file name:

I'm using Thunderbird under Windows 7. I suppose it's mailer dependent and not Lightroom dependent.

• 5. Re: Emailing from Lightroom

Feierwoon wrote:

I never used the e-mail feature, but I did a short test. The image got attached keeping the complete file name:

I'm using Thunderbird under Windows 7. I suppose it's mailer dependent and not Lightroom dependent.

That is the same email program I use. But there is a feature in LR to add your email server addresses to the email Account manager so you can email images directly without opening a email client.

I just did a test using the email function inside LR and the image is embedded into the email not an attachment and there is no file name included. But if you right click on is and select Save Image As the dialog box that comes up does have the file name already filled in and is correct.

Just another reason I don't use email system inside LR. Might be fine for sending snapshots to friends and family but not much else.

• 6. Re: Emailing from Lightroom
                    Abambo Level 4

I did file->email photo:

• 7. Re: Emailing from Lightroom

Right but you are using Thunderbird to actual send the image in an email. The OP is doing it directly from LR.

Where it says Mozilla Thunderbird click that and then you will get an option to Go to Email Account Manager. That is what the OP is doing.

• 8. Re: Emailing from Lightroom
                        Abambo Level 4

Then he should do it my way! That answers his question!