Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upgrade Flash Player

Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using El Capitan 10.11.5, Firefox 46.0.1, and although I have "installed" the latest Flash Player update, I keep getting messages from sites that I need to "upgrade" my Flash Player. What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

polako1 wrote:

...although I have "installed" the latest Flash Player update, I keep getting messages from sites that I need to "upgrade" my Flash Player. What's going on?

Caution: Cybercriminals use "social engineering" such as fake "Flash Player updates" to trick their victims into installing malware. Your Firefox may have been redirected to a malware page either by malware already present on your system or by "malvertising." if you already have Flash player 21.0.0.242 (i'm not really certain the version number is the same for Mac as it is for Windows), then you should scan your system with your preferred security software. These days I'm more inclined to suspect malvertising, particularly if you are not using an ad blocker such as uBlock Origin. This is actually a browser security issue rather than a Flash Player issue i think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will do as you suggest, but I only download from the Adobe site.

Sent from AT&T Mail on Android

Date:Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Subject:[Acrobat Reader] Can't upgrade Flash Player

Can't upgrade Flash Player

created by Abzyx in Acrobat Reader - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines