6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2016 3:42 AM by sathya08it

CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM

dbridinger Level 1

I have been evaluating the 2016 stand alone version of CFBUILDER Version: 3.1.1 Build: 298831 on Win 7 Enterprise 32-bit SP1 Core2 Duo CPU 2.2GHz 4GB Ram.

There are CFM files it simply will not open. Double click file, cfbuilder enters into "not responding" mode, then comes back and the file was not loaded. Many of my files it opens fine, others not. This issue seems to be restricted to the larger files (i.e. 1.5K lines).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• 1. Re: CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM
          Vikram_k1810 Adobe Employee

Hi Donald,

Could you please contact us at below mentioned e-mail address to investigate further on this issue?

E-mail address: cf.install@adobe.com

Thanks,

Vikram

• 2. Re: CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM
            ericbegins Level 1

I have a similar problem after recently upgrading to CFB2016.  Most files load fine, others cause the editor to go into "Not responding" mode before eventually returning a "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space".  This does not seem to be related to file size.  I have been focusing on one file that has the problem and have zeroed in on exactly what is causing it.  The file itself is only 13KB.  I have an input button that has an onclick event.  If I remove the onclick attribute, it loads fine.  When I put it back, it churns for 45-60 seconds before returning the error.

The line in question is structured thusly:

<input type="button" value="Promote" onclick="myFunction();">

myFunction() exists in the same file.  But I don't think it is related to the function body as it exhibits the same behavior even if I change it to onclick="alert();".

I created a brand new temp.cfm file that only contained <input type="button" value="Promote" onclick="myFunction();"> and it opened correctly.  I thought maybe the original file had been corrupted, so I copied the text from the original file to temp.cfm and it immediately started exhibiting the problem as well.

CFB 2016 v3.1.0, build 298077

Windows 7, x64

dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHz

192GB RAM

• 3. Re: CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM

Hi Eric,

Could you please enable the gc logging and share it with us at cf.install@adobe.com?

In order to enable gc logging, you will have to add below parameter in CFBuilder.ini file(location:C:\ColdFusionBuilder2016).

-Xloggc:CFB3

Thanks,

Vikram

• 4. Re: CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM
                sathya08it

Hi Friends,

I am facing the same Not Responding issue whenever I try to edit a big file. But it opens fine in CFB and goes to Not Responding only when trying to edit and save. Any updates on this issue from Adobe?

Thanks,

Sathya

• 5. Re: CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM

Hi Sathya,

Could you please let us know the current update level?

Please install the latest update and check if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Vikram

• 6. Re: CFbuilder 2016 hangs on loading 1K+ line CFM
                    sathya08it Level 1

After the update it is working fine. Still I would like to convey whenever opening big files it just goes to Not Responding mode for few seconds and then comes back to normal editor mode automatically. The delay is minimal but still visible.