0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 11:58 AM by rbergenforum

Issue creating links connecting different documents within an InDesign Book

rbergenforum

I have an issue concerning button links to different documents from within an InDesign Book in my EPUB.

I first create a Button for each chapter.

I have each button set to: Go To Destination

Next, I select the correct document and created a Bookmark for that page.

This works fine for any local links but any link that is in a different document doesn't work the error message reads as follows:

External Anchor not found:

External Anchor "Chapter 1 - Culture of Safety" at "/Users/cewdev-iMac/Documents/Rocky's Files/2016/P108 Safety E-Book/EPUB/Health and Safety For EPUB/1-2_h.indd" is missing

I know both DPS and Twixl both use specially formatted hyperlinks (navto://1-2 and tp-pagelink://1-2) to achieve communication between documents within content apps but those techniques are not working for my EPUB.

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 1.09.01 PM.png

TOC Document with Buttons set to Go to Destination > 1-2_h > Chapter 1 - Culture of Safety

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 1.36.23 PM.png

Destination Document with Bookmark, "Chapter 1 - Culture of Safety"

Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 1.52.22 PM (2).png

The Integrated TOC in iBooks functions well using the above technique (only the custom InDesign TOC is not functioning).

Any assistance you could offer would be great. I am pretty sure this is easy to do, I just can't seem to locate the info I need.

Many thanks,

Rocky.