3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2006 1:39 PM by Newsgroup_User

Seamles QuickTime Issue

vislaw
      I've got a Quicktime movie of a piece of machinery. My first clip starts up the machine and when it is at speed I move to a short clip that is a loop that plays indefinitely until the user hits a key command. I'm on Windows and there is a noticeable stutter or glitch when moving between the clips. I'm wondering how I can make this seamless. Would it be best to make one clip and then call for the loop inside the main clip? I haven't looked into this but I assume Lingo can determine where in the clip it is playing. ??? Is there some sort of preload command that would make the switching between clips seamless? Any help greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Seamles QuickTime Issue
          Level 7
          Hello,

Basically, you need to put the first static frame of the looping video under
          the QT, set the QT to paused, and start it with lingo. It will go much
          smoother.Here are the steps.

First, make a capture of the first frame of the looping video. Go to QT,
          open the movie, hit contol-c, go back to director and paste it into a
          castmember. the first frame should appear.

Have one blank frame of space between the QT sprites. Then put this graphic
          starting in the blank frame in the sprite right above the qt. So if the QT
          is in sprite 8, put this grahic in sprite 7. Stretch the graphic to the
          length of the end of the qt sprite. Line up the graphic so it is perfectly
          under the QT on stage.

Then set the QT to paused.

Then add this to frame script straight above where the QT starts.

on exitFrame
          gQTsprite = 8
          if the memberNum of sprite gQTsprite <> 0 then
          if the type of member the membernum of sprite gQTsprite =
          #QuickTimeMedia then
          set the movietime of sprite gQTsprite to 0
          set the movierate of sprite gQTsprite to 1
          end if
          end if
          end

* note, this is pretty much the script I use exactly, except for I moved the
          global into the handler and I'm not making it a global here for simplicity,
          and I'm using gQTsprite = 8 becuase that's what I mentioned above. Change
          the 8 to whatever sprite your QT is in.

Good Luck,
          Timm

"vislaw" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e4a8p1$hvb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I've got a Quicktime movie of a piece of machinery. My first clip starts
          > up the
          > machine and when it is at speed I move to a short clip that is a loop that
          > plays indefinitely until the user hits a key command. I'm on Windows and
          > there
          > is a noticeable stutter or glitch when moving between the clips. I'm
          > wondering
          > how I can make this seamless. Would it be best to make one clip and then
          > call
          > for the loop inside the main clip? I haven't looked into this but I assume
          > Lingo can determine where in the clip it is playing. ??? Is there some
          > sort of
          > preload command that would make the switching between clips seamless? Any
          > help
          > greatly appreciated.
          >

• 2. Re: Seamles QuickTime Issue
            vislaw Level 1
            Timm, that is sweet. You know, if I had thought about this I think I could have come close. My sincere thanks. I bow to you, sir!!!

I especially appreciate the code. That is elegant and just what I need.

Mark
            • 3. Re: Seamles QuickTime Issue
              Level 7
              Glad to help!
              Timm

"vislaw" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:e4alie$4ig$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Timm, that is sweet. You know, if I had thought about this I think I could
              > have
              > come close. My sincere thanks. I bow to you, sir!!!
              >
              > I especially appreciate the code. That is elegant and just what I need.
              >
              > Mark
              >