4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 4:14 PM by wobertc

Lightroom Memory Mate Making...HELP!!  :)

SmallTownSophi

I usually build memory mates in photoshop but am trying to be able to do it all in lightroom because my workflow is through Lightroom, so it would make my workflow much smoother not to have to go to PS to create the memory mates for each client's order.  So, here's the issue I'm running into and I'm hoping someone knows a work-around that can help:

I want the "studio one" logo on ONLY the background/large photo.  I don't want this logo to appear on the other 2 photos in the collage.   The only way I've found to be able to do that is to make the "studio one" into an identity plate instead of a watermark, but then I don't have a way to type in the name because I have to use the identity plate for that.  PLEASE tell me there's a way have the watermark on the background image only AND the ability to type the name.  This would make my workflow soooooo quick and easy!!!!  I've searched the web for work-arounds for this problem, but haven't had luck.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

-Cassandra

EllaMMSample.jpg

• 1. Re: Lightroom Memory Mate Making...HELP!!  :)
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You may have to use a text based logo. If you click the identity plate drop-down icon (highlighted in green on image below - click to enlarge) you should be able to choose edit and change the text. You can then drag the box bottom left on your finished collage.

Also try using a graphic for the ID plate if your logo has a transparent background.

MwmoryMate.jpg

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom Memory Mate Making...HELP!!  :)
            SmallTownSophi Level 1

I'm using the "text based logo" already...for the name

• 3. Re: Lightroom Memory Mate Making...HELP!!  :)
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It should work, unless you also have watermarking checked.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Memory Mate Making...HELP!!  :)
                wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I see your problem.

A watermark appears on each photo cell, Only one identity plate is allowed- and that is your Logo!

One suggestion is to add another Photo Cell to the custom layout and use that cell to hold your Logo image. Do not use watermarking. This leaves the Identity Plate free to use for a text name.

I tried this and it works partially- A PNG logo file with transparency (used as an image in a cell) does not hold the transparency but instead fills the Logo backgound with white (as would "Save as JPG")  If you can work around this by modifying your logo image (eg. a black Background) then it may be useful, but it would appear with the square/rectangular shape of the image.

Another suggestion is- if you have Photoshop, Print to a JPG file, then edit the JPG in Photoshop to lastly add the Name to the photo as a text layer.