2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 3:48 PM by majteach

    Numbered list not displaying correctly on linked page

    majteach

      I have a page where I placed numbered items (1. instructions...., 2.  instructions..., etc.). When I preview the page in RoboHelp 2015 the numbered list appears with numbers and everything looks good. When I view the RoboHelp output file, the page with the numbered items looks fine. I inserted a hyperlink to this page (page A), from another page (page B). When I click the link to the page A from page B, all the numbers for the list don't show on page A.

       

      The numbered list was created using multi-level number list icon. All lists uses a style.

       

      This problem doesn't appear on every page that was done using the same structure and formatting. Any suggestions on how I might fix the listed number problem for the linked page?

       

      Margaret Johnson

       

      Message was edited by: Rick Stone - Deleted email address

        • 1. Re: Numbered list not displaying correctly on linked page
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

          Hi there

           

          Hmmm, this would seem to suggest that when the linked page is presented, it's somehow lost the link to the CSS for that page.

           

          So it happens when linking from another page, what happens if you link it from the TOC? Same behavior?

           

          I recall in the past seeing odd behavior with things like this in my own projects. And in my case, I think I had too many nested folders. This shouldn't be necessary, but what resolved it for me was to copy the CSS to the same folder and ensure there were no "shorthand" characters leading to the CSS. ( ../ ) is the shorthand.

           

          Cheers... Rick

          • 2. Re: Numbered list not displaying correctly on linked page
            majteach Level 1

            Thanks for the suggestion. I fixed the majority of the problems with just removing the link to the page and re-inserting it. I did also verify that the correct css file was attached to the pages. Everything seems to be working now