1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 10:13 PM by johnrellis

flip and rotate  not considered an edit

jamesc45924516

It appears that the flip and rotate transforms are not considered edits.  Thus if I apply these transforms I have no indication that this transform has been applied.  I performed some flip transforms on some images but not on others so now I have no way of reverting them all back to their original state.  I've been scanning slides and the images require a flip horizontal transform.  I would like to select all and tell Lightroom to review the transform back to the original setting.  I have not figured out how to do this.  Please help.

• 1. Re: flip and rotate  not considered an edit
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Yeah, it's a little strange that you can't reset flip and rotate.  Possible solutions:

- Use the Data Explorer or Any Filter plugins to find all pics that are rotated 90, then unrotate them. Then find all pics that are rotated 90 and flipped -- unrotated and unflip them.  Repeat for all 8 possibilities of rotation and flipping.

- Use the free Exiftool.  Select all the photos and do Metadata > Save Metadata To File.  Then do "exiftool -orientation=normal *" to reset the rotation and flipping of all the files.  Then do Metadata > Read Metadata From File. Exiftool has a steep learning curve, especially if you're not experienced with command-line tools.