dwsmithacs

Adobe Premiere Elements 14.1 update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

• 1. Re: Update to Premier Elements 14.1 fails
          whsprague Level 4

dwsmithacs wrote:

Adobe Premiere Elements 14.1 update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I googled U44M1P7 and instantly landed on an Adobe help site.  Most of it was about CC apps.  But, two things might apply.

"Uninstall then reinstall the app you're having trouble updating"

"Why did this error happen?

Sometimes certain language files are missing from installed Adobe apps. An update fails when it can't locate all the appropriate files to update.

System optimizer applications often delete extra language files. If you use such applications regularly, adjust the settings so they don't affect your installed Adobe apps. If the language files are deleted again, you need to uninstall and reinstall your Adobe apps to restore the language files. "

• 2. Re: Update to Premier Elements 14.1 fails
            dwsmithacs Level 1

Adobe Premier Elements 14 was just installed 2 weeks ago, and the update issues happened that same day.

I have since uninstalled and re-installed it 3 times, even using the "latest version" from a download from Adobe.

The update to 14.1 always fails with the same error message.

This is under Windows 10 Pro.

I work in Mainframe Computer Technical Support, and am very disappointed that Adobe will sell me their products, but provide no way for me to contact them with issues.  Premier Elements has no Chat or Telephone support, only the forums.

• 3. Re: Update to Premier Elements 14.1 fails
              whsprague Level 4

dwsmithacs wrote:

I work in Mainframe Computer Technical Support, and am very disappointed that Adobe will sell me their products, but provide no way for me to contact them with issues. Premier Elements has no Chat or Telephone support, only the forums.

This is not the mainframe world.  The support process for software that costs $80 (or $40 on fall sales) does not have $70,000 per year support technicians waiting for your call in cubicle in a highrise with a view!

You can contact customer support here:  Contact Customer Care

• 4. Re: Update to Premier Elements 14.1 fails
                dwsmithacs Level 1

You are correct - this is not the mainframe world.

And since Premier Elements only has Forum support (no chat or phone), then that is what I will have to live with until I can locate another product to replace these.  I just would have expected more from Adobe.

Only Forum support is what I would expect from Clyde's Software and Tanning Salon.

Meanwhile, I have now installed Photoshop Elements, and am about to check what updates are waiting for it, as well.

• 5. Re: Update to Premier Elements 14.1 fails
                  whsprague Level 4

dwsmithacs wrote:

And since Premier Elements only has Forum support (no chat or phone), .....

The people in my favorite Tanning salon like to use the link I just gave you!  Here it is a second time.  I've never used it, but I read where customers "chat" there with Adobe and get things fixed!

---------------------------> https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.htmlhttp://   <---------------------------

I'm sorry you didn't find what you want on a user forum.