5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 3:09 PM by Rick Gerard

export all jumbled

hilukasz Level 1

I have done this a thousand times and this time for some reason I am trying to export and my mp4 comes out all jumbled (attached). The source matches the output in the render. No idea why this is happening. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 3.13.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-08 at 3.22.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-08 at 3.21.19 PM.png

• 1. Re: export all jumbled
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

I'll guess you haven't tried to make an mp4 in those specific dimensions before.  A lot of highly-compressed codecs render only to a specific set of standard resolutions; 1920x1080 for example.  What's the media container & codec you're expected to deliver? 

In the meantime, I'd try a qucktime movie in the Photo JPEG codec, which should work.

• 2. Re: export all jumbled
            hilukasz Level 1

not with those dimensions, but I swear I have done custom ones before with no problem. Usually its the frame rates not matching which causes this. I just need to deliver compressed version of the file, mp4 seems to work well so I usually default to that.

• 3. Re: export all jumbled
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is a specific set of standards both for frame size and frame rate for MP4 files. If you do not follow them either the compressor will resize the image or the render will fail. It's based on math and the compressions game and there's nothing you can do about it except pick another format.

• 4. Re: export all jumbled
                hilukasz Level 1

ah, I see. Is there one recommended for custom dimensions that is still decently compressed?

• 5. Re: export all jumbled
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Google  H.264 and read the Wikipedia page. At the bottom you'll find the standards. If you are going to work in odd frame sizes you need to know exactly what you're doing and exactly how the product will be played back.