• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing and Updating a Muse Website

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am looking at building our company website in Muse, and probably host it on Business Catalyst after doing a bit of research.

My question before we get started relates to editing and updating this website once it is built. I have done some research but getting conflicting information which is why I ask again.

So if I build our website, we can use the In-Browser editing feature to edit text and swap out photos, but I gather I won't be able to add new photos -we are an architecture firm so this would be in used for adding new projects and staff to the website where it is an addition rather than an edit.

So if I want to add new photos etc would I need to do this in Muse and then re-publish it? How easy is this? Does it cause any hiccups with Google ranking and sites linking to our website?

Thanks

Sarah

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah,

I had the same question. The answer isn't straight forward. With Muse you can create and manage - update and add to - your site. If you use BCat forms in any of your pages they do not currently sync back to Muse. Meaning if you edit a page holding a BCat form in Muse and publish it you will have to go into BCat and reinsert the form. So on our 155 page web site seven pages will over write the features added in BCat. Bottomline, once you have added forms into your pages inside of BCat do not allow Muse to sync. Just select Publish. You can use the in browser feature in BCat, but Muse is much more robust and quicker. Can also code html in BCat Site Management/Pages.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add that when you Sync a BCat form back into Muse you get garbage. When in Muse and you publish and when you first open the site it will check the web version to see if changes were made either in BCat or In Browser. It will give you a chance to review the changes. I believe you can selective apply them into Muse. Just don't Sync any pages that have a BCat form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines