7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 10:49 AM by Adorobat

Problems using on Samsung Note 3

kennethc74300263

Android Version 5.0. 

I had uninstall this app on my Google Note phone. When I attempt to open PDFs that opened with the Device PDF Reader it gives a notice that it's not a valid PDF file. When I go back and try to open those same files with the Device PDF Reader, it now says the same thing. When I open other PDFs with the device PDF reader they open fine. Once they've been touched by the Adobe reader they won't open by either. The same files open easily on the desktop version of Adobe.

• 1. Re: Problems using on Samsung Note 3
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hello kennethc74300263,

Could you please tell us what version of Adobe reader do you have on your Android device ?

Also when you are trying to open pdf file with Adobe reader , do you see any error message ?

Thanks!

Shivam

• 2. Re: Problems using on Samsung Note 3
            kennethc74300263 Level 1

It was the latest version from the Google Play store, which I believe is an Adobe 9 but I'm not certain of that. I do know that the same files will open from my desktop using Adobe 9 but they were corrupted using the current version from the Google Play Store. There was no error message. It simply said that the file was not a valid PDF which it was before I attempted to open it with the Adobe Reader. After doing that it would no longer open with the device player with then also said that it was not a valid PDF file. I could go to my desktop and go to the Google Drive and open the damn thing. Unfortunately I'd saved another version thumb drive so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the non corrupted which again continued open just fine with the device reader.

• 3. Re: Problems using on Samsung Note 3
              Adorobat Adobe Employee

I want to mention that the latest version of Adobe Reader is 16.1.1 . However, if somehow the file got corrupted i am afraid there is no way to repair it. Try to download the latest version of  Adobe Acrobat Reader from here -  Adobe Acrobat Reader - Android Apps on Google Play and then try to open pdf files and let us know about the results .

Thanks!

Shivam

• 4. Re: Problems using on Samsung Note 3
                kennethc74300263 Level 1

First, please clarify:  are you stating that the current version posted at the Google Play App store is not that version? If so why do you not have your newest version posted there, the version there is the version I used.

Second, are you stating that there was a problem like this with the prior version and that it is somehow the version posted at the Google Play Store?

Third, I have no intention of reinstalling the Adobe PDF reader when the device reader is working just fine and had been all along. I don't want to screw it up again and have to delete everything and reinstall the backup file.  I thought installing the Adobe Reader would work just fine and it didn't so game over.  I will continue to use Adobe on my desktop which works just fine as well and doesn't seem to clear up the files stored on Google Drive the way your Adobe mobile version did. I provided information at your request and I hope it's helpful but I'm done with it. This is starting to feel like a mobus strip conversation lol.

• 5. Re: Problems using on Samsung Note 3
                  Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi ,

We always recommend our users to use the latest and install the updates available ,

As you mentioned that you have Adobe 9 which is not the latest as far as i checked on the Play Store .

Its not the problem with Adobe Reader but it might be possible that there is a problem with particular pdf file .

Thanks!

Shivam

• 6. Re: Problems using on Samsung Note 3
                    kennethc74300263 Level 1

The confusion is that it is Adobe 9 on my desktop. That was my mis statement.

The version I used on my cell phone is the current version you have posted at the Google Play Store. The file was not corrupted before I attempted to open it with that version of Adobe, it was Adobe version16.1.1.

I do not know how to say that any more clear to you.  A non corrupted file was corrupted after installing version16.1.1 and would no longer open by either reader.

• 7. Re: Problems using on Samsung Note 3
                      Adorobat Adobe Employee

Normally this shouldn't happen but what you can do is you can download a sample pdf file and then try to open it and let us know if the issue still persists .

Thanks!