2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2006 12:48 PM by redbeard45

Going crazy

redbeard45
      Help I am going crazy with frustration. What am I doing wrong? I create a navbar with drop down submenus in Fireworks MX v6 and when I check it in the browser, it works fine. When I insert it using any of the documented methods - Insert - Interactive Images - Fireworks HTML Copying the Fireworks HTML code and pasting in, it doesn't work. I get the main buttons of the navbar but no drop downs submenus and nothing connects. I've done this time and time again trying all sorts of alternatives and studied the manual by no joy. Any help much appreciated!
      Cheers
        • 1. Re: Going crazy
          Level 7
          redbeard45 wrote:
          > Help I am going crazy with frustration. What am I doing wrong? I create a
          > navbar with drop down submenus in Fireworks MX v6 and when I check it in the
          > browser, it works fine. When I insert it using any of the documented methods -
          > Insert - Interactive Images - Fireworks HTML Copying the Fireworks HTML code
          > and pasting in, it doesn't work. I get the main buttons of the navbar but no
          > drop downs submenus and nothing connects. I've done this time and time again
          > trying all sorts of alternatives and studied the manual by no joy. Any help
          > much appreciated!
          > Cheers

Have you properly defined your site in Dreamweaver? Can you list the
          steps you are using to export the navbar?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Going crazy
            redbeard45 Level 1
            Thanks for replying. Sorry, unsure what you mean by the term - defining site. The webpage I want to put the navbar on has been up on the web since December with a simple navbar working fine - Just a simple two-state type. Due to the number of pages I was adding on different topics, I wanted to add additional buttons to make the navigation and finding info easier, so I thought 5 buttons with drop down related sub-menus would be the answer.
            I have followed the steps in the documentation on the MX CD - optimizing as a GIF - web adaptive image as there are no pictures or transparencies, I then went to HTML Setup and worked through the tabs - HTML Style Dreamweaver and .htm as the extension, Space 1 pixel transparent, Using canvas color, and the Document Specific as shown on the documentation - (too many choices to list). I insert it into Dreamweaver as a Interactive Image - Fireworks HTML but I am not sure I am doing the right thing here, although I have tried the other options. At the end of the section on making the navbar with Submenus in the documentation, the info is a bit sparse and refers you to other sections but those sections never quite relate exactly to what you are doing. I hope you can work out what I am doing wrong from this. Sorry it is so long
            CHeers
            H