2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 9:18 AM by kerrishotts

What should I include in a zip?

ts_jjelinek

I've had some success where I zip my whole phonegap directory after I've built for Android and iOS, but now my zips are too big to upload. Do I really need to include all my plugins and build artifacts? If I do just the www directory, the apps don't work. What exactly needs to be included in the zip?

• 1. Re: What should I include in a zip?
          TamerSaraci

You don't need to inclue your builds into the zip file. Just your HTML, css, and js files, and your config file. Actually if you are using Phonegap build you don't have to create builds in your local, Phonegap Build is doing this for you. Following article states that  Phonegap CLI, Cordova CLI and Phonegap Build are not the same. So be mindful of what you are actually using and read the docs for that.

top-phonegap-mistakes/new-to-Phonegap.md at master · jessemonroy650/top-phonegap-mistakes · GitHub

• 2. Re: What should I include in a zip?
            kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

You shouldn't ever be including your build artifacts when uploading to PhoneGap Build. However, you should also be aware that currently PhoneGap Build and the local CLI don't generate perfectly compatible projects, which is why you're having problems when uploading just the "www" folder. IIRC, this is being worked on, but that doesn't help you now.

Your PG Build upload should consist of the contents of your project's "www" directory and your project's "config.xml" file in the same directory. That is,  the CLI will put "config.xml" outside the "www" folder, but PG Build expects the "config.xml" file to be in the root along with the remainder of your web assets. For example:

• CLI-project-root/
              • config.xml
              • www/
                • index.html
                • js/
                  • index.js
                  • etc.
                • etc.
            • PGB-project-root/
              • config.xml
              • index.html
              • js/
                • index.js
                • etc.
              • etc.

Of course, if you have any paths in your "config.xml" file (such as for icons and splashes), these are apt to break on PhoneGap build as well, since the paths are relative to the "config.xml"'s location.

Also make sure to "--save" your plugins to "config.xml" when adding them with the CLI so that PhoneGap Build knows to include them when you submit your "config.xml" file. If you don't do this, you'll need to edit "config.xml" to list the plugins you are using.

Finally, review the documentation for PhoneGap Build:

Hope that helps!

1 person found this helpful