5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 2:13 PM by alexvh

New transform filter  - bring back sync button

alexvh

Hi,  The new transform filter feature in the latest ACR update is a great tool but can you bring back the sync button so multiple exposures can easily and quickly synchronise all the transforms (including Auto ones) to the rest of the selected images.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: New transform filter  - bring back sync button
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi alexvh,

Sync button is still there in Camera Raw 9.6 and it is in the fyout menu next to filmstrip tab.

Regards

Chetna

• 2. Re: New transform filter  - bring back sync button
            Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In addition to what Chetna said, Make sure the transform box is checked in the prefs. I do miss the button for sync, but you can use the shortcut.

• 3. Re: New transform filter  - bring back sync button
              kleerp2007 Level 1

Hiya - I haven't updated yet because I like to wait until an update has been out a little bit in case there's any bugs - because last time the loss of merge to hdr/32-bit editing set me back a week in my work - so I prefer to be a little more careful now.

In regards to this sync issue - in the new manual lens distortion (that is where the new transform option is, right?) - is there still that secondary sync there for transformations/lens auto corrections?  i.e. - when I'd do a 'manual' distortion change where there is the auto, straighten, vertical, or horizontal and vertical - is there still the option to 'sync all' to that particular change in the case of that as well as the new transform?

synch2.jpg

• 4. Re: New transform filter  - bring back sync button
                alexvh Level 1

If you look at

• 5. Re: New transform filter  - bring back sync button
                  alexvh Level 1

no sync button.jpglenscorrectiontab.jpg

As you can see the 'sync' button is gone.  Left above is the new 'Transform' filter and the right in the new look 'lens corrections' (LC) tab. Not only is the easy and quick sync button gone but you now have to jump between the filter and the LC tab to fine tune all corrections.  It would have been smarter to leave as it was.  You can sync transform between images as mentioned in above comments but it take multiple clicks and extra time checking and unchecking boxes etc.