4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2006 2:17 PM by aniebel

Flash 6 Player supported list

aniebel Level 2
      Is there a list somewhere to tell us what things we can't use with AS2 for older players? I've only seen what is supported but can't seem to find anywhere to tell me what things I should stay away from using. Again, maybe I need "search 101" classes to figure these things out.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Flash 6 Player supported list
          TimSymons Level 1
          Not sure what you are looking for exactly but if you use AS2 then you will have to use Flash Player v6. You won't be able to use v5 or lower. Also, for the best results I found that using 6.0.65.0 or higher was the best.

Tim
          • 2. Re: Flash 6 Player supported list
            aniebel Level 2
            When creating banner ads, a lot of hosts request v6 and I didn't want to supply a player with any AS that won't work. For instance, can I use the tween class and have it work in player 6? I know that some of the filters will not.

Thanks for answering.
            • 3. Re: Flash 6 Player supported list
              Level 7
              Your best bet is probably the Flash Help Files (F1) and the ActionScript
              Reference or Components Language Reference. Under each method listed is
              a section called "Availability", which will give you the earliest
              supported player for that code. For example, under Tween.stop(), you see:

Availability
              Flash Player 6 (6.0.79.0).

So you know it works with (later) versions of FP6.

aniebel wrote:
              > When creating banner ads, a lot of hosts request v6 and I didn't want to supply
              > a player with any AS that won't work. For instance, can I use the tween class
              > and have it work in player 6? I know that some of the filters will not.
              • 4. Re: Flash 6 Player supported list
                aniebel Level 2
                Fantastic! I didn't know that was there. Must be the fact that my eyes are glazed over from lack of sleep every time I'm in there. ;-)

Cheers!