5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2016 10:29 AM by Chris W. Griffith

black stripes top and bottom of application

widonwaker Level 1

Hi,

i builded the hybrid application with jquery mobile. It's working perfectly on every android device, but not on iOs. I tested it on my iphone SE and it does not go full screen, but instead it has black stripes on top and bottom . (check screenshot).

Why?IMG_0037.PNG

• 1. Re: black stripes top and bottom of application
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Is it just for the splash screen or the actual application?

If it is just the splash screen, you need to include additional sizes of the splash screen.

<platform name="ios">
             <!-- images are determined by width and height. The following are supported -->
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default~iphone.png" width="320" height="480"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="960"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Portrait~ipad.png" width="768" height="1024"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png" width="1536" height="2048"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Landscape~ipad.png" width="1024" height="768"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png" width="2048" height="1536"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-568h@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="1136"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-667h.png" width="750" height="1334"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-736h.png" width="1242" height="2208"/>
             <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Landscape-736h.png" width="2208" height="1242"/>
          </platform>

Chris

• 2. Re: black stripes top and bottom of application
            widonwaker Level 1

unfortunately it's not just spash screen, but the whole application loads that black stripes.

• 3. Re: black stripes top and bottom of application

If memory serves, if you don't have the correct splash screen sizes for your app defined, it bases the screen size on the splash screen it found..

Chris

• 4. Re: black stripes top and bottom of application
                widonwaker Level 1

you are right! which dimension should i use for iphone SE?

i tried your resolutions but there is stil a bit of space...also i can pull out the whole app un and down... :S (this not happening on android).

<platform name="ios">
                   <!-- images are determined by width and height. The following are supported -->
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default~iphone.png" width="320" height="480"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="960"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Portrait~ipad.png" width="768" height="1024"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png" width="1536" height="2048"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Landscape~ipad.png" width="1024" height="768"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png" width="2048" height="1536"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-568h@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="1136"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-667h.png" width="750" height="1334"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-736h.png" width="1242" height="2208"/>
                   <splash src="res/screen/ios/Default-Landscape-736h.png" width="2208" height="1242"/>

</platform>

• 5. Re: black stripes top and bottom of application

You will need all of them for submission to the App Store.

As to the other issue, make sure you have <preference name="DisallowOverscroll" value="true"/> in your config.xml.

Chris