18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 6:49 AM by try67

ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE

jskerrigan

I pay 15 a month for a product that I can not even edit an X out of a document. Nor can ADOBE. I have called no less than 25 times since I installed this GARBAGE on my computer. I have contacted the BBB and consumer affairs. My next step is to call my credit card company and dispute the charges based on the FACT that ADOBE DC IS GARBAGE. Here is part of a conversation about removing a X in a document.

Date: 2016-06-12 01:42:19 SGT
      24770387 To: Everyone
      I would like to inform you that as this is a product specific issue, we do not have much information about product issue as we are from download and installer team for Creative Cloud.

May I transfer this chat to the appropriate queue where we have experts available to help you on this issue?

Date: 2016-06-12 01:42:28 SGT
      John Kerrigan To: Everyone
      yes

Then they disconnected the conversation. KEEP IN MIND ALL I WANTED WAS A X REMOVED. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PURE GARBAGE BEING MARKETED.

ANYONE THINKING ABOUT BUYING THIS GARBAGE CAN SOFTWARE. IT DOES NOT WORK.AND YOU WILL GET HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

• 1. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

are you using acrobat or reader?

• 2. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
            jskerrigan Level 1

I use ADOBE ACROBAT DC. or should I just call it for what it is PURE GARBAGE!!!!!!

• 4. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
              Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

I understand that you are frustrated, but if you are expecting help here, you may want to dial down the rhetoric a bit. Most people you meet here are not Adobe employees, we volunteer our time here to help out others who run into problems.

We've all had our bad experiences with customer service reps, so let's take a step back and see if we can figure out what's going on.

Can you please explain to use what the exactly problem is you are dealing with. We know that you are using Adobe Acrobat DC and that you want to remove an "x", but we need to know a bit more about what you've tried, and what the problems are you are running into.

In general, to edit information in a document, you would select Tools>Edit PDF>Edit - that does allow you to edit text and images. However, this will not work if your document is protected and does not allow edits. You can find out if that's the case by bringing up the "Document Information" dialog (Ctrl-D or Cmd-D), and then go to the "Security" tab. Are there any restrictions listed?

Also, if there is no "real" text in the document, you may run into problems as well. Sometimes text gets converted to "outlines" because people think that that makes it impossible to extract information form a document, but with Adobe Acrobat, you can still do that (even though it may take a few extra steps).

So again, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

2 people found this helpful
              • 5. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                jskerrigan Level 1

Karl I am sorry if I went to the wrong site to express my frustration. ADOBE DC IS A DISASTER and I am probably better off just cancelling. I have wasted countless hours on a few problems they take forever to correct or cannot be corrected at all. In this case I cannot edit an X Nor can ADOBE. I am doing all the correct steps. I will conclude that I think the software they are marketing is PURE GARBAGE. It is the only way to describe the software.

• 6. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                  try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Can you share the file in question? You keep taking about removing some "X" but we have no idea what it actually is... If we see the file we can probably give you some advice as to how to remove it. Basically, anything in a PDF can be removed, one way or another.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 7. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                    jskerrigan Level 1

Unfortunately I cannot share the folder with you. It has personal information on my client. I scanned a document and filled it in with my clients information. I checked a box. I needed to go back in and edit the document. I could not edit the document because I nor ADOBE support could remove the X from the document. This is not the first time I have been on the phone with ADOBE about this exact problem. There answer is that it's a GLITCH in the program. I am going to cancel my subscription. Would you recommend another software that will allow me to fill in and edit documents. I know this sounds like a pretty simple request. ADOBE cannot come up with an answer other than it is a GLITCH.

• 8. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                      Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

Mr. Kerrigan,

I am a member of the Adobe Acrobat engineering organization and would certainly like to assist you, assuming you dial down the rhetoric a bit. This is certainly not “garbage” software just because you have an issue that so far no one has been able to assist you with in terms of a resolution.

It is unfortunate that you at least initially got connected to support folks who are involved in Creative Cloud installation issues, not Acrobat usage issues. And certainly no one should be identifying whatever the issue is as a “glitch.”

In terms of what you are trying to do, “erase an 'X’” somewhere on a page of a PDF file, assuming that you are not dealing with a protected PDF file, there is always a way of modifying data in a PDF file. That having been said, the method and ease of such editing seriously depends what type of data it actually is.

You mentioned that you scanned a document. Is the ‘X’ part of what was scanned in or was it data that you subsequently added as either a form object or by adding text?

And if the scanned document contained the ‘X’, was the PDF creation done by the scanner or software supplied by the scanner? Or did you scan through Acrobat itself? And was OCR applied to that scanned image. The source of the ‘X’ is critically important. If it is strictly image data, you need to use the “edit image” functionality that calls whatever your installed image editor is to edit that content; in that case you would simply erase the data in that image edit program and let it return the fixed image to Acrobat.

I recognize that you are dealing with personal information that you cannot directly share with Adobe support or others of us on this forum, but can you put together a sample that displays this issue such that we can understand exactly what the issue is? Simply stated, if you didn't or couldn't provide more information to our technical support agents than you are providing here, then quite frankly, you have not provided them or us with anywhere near enough information to assist you. And we honestly wish to assist you!

- Dov

• 9. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                        Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

What do you mean with a X you are not able to remove? Give us a screen shot, blur private data, but show us, what you mean.

• 10. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                          jskerrigan Level 1

I am at the end of my patience with ADOBE. I have had the product for about 6 months and it has never worked properly from day 1. My first problem was I would keep getting a message to register and reregister every 5-10 minutes. After hours with customer support they corrected  this problem only find new problems namely that I cannot edit a document in ADOBE. I placed the X in the box from the ADOBE software. I go back and try to edit the software and I can edit some of the page but I cannot remove the X that I placed in from the ADOBE software. This is not my first call about this problem.  I am not going to waste any more time on a product that has so many problems. I am going to contact ADOBE about getting a full refund and if this does not work I will contact AMEX and dispute the charges. I have enough emails documenting that your software does not work.  I purchased A PDF software that is supposed to be able to correct  and edit documents. I am sorry the only way to describe this product is pure GARBAGE.

• 11. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE

We were willing to help you out, but you're (still) not providing any real details about the nature of the problem (what tool you used to add this "X", what methods you attempted to use to remove it, what were the results of these attempts, etc.), so it's impossible to do so. Maybe another software will work out better for you... Good luck with it.

• 12. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                              jskerrigan Level 1

I had to rescan the document and redo all the work on that page. Therefore it is no longer part of the document. I have had the support team with ADOBE take control of my computer this time and other times when I could not edit the page. They could not fix it either. I was told that it is a GLITCH in the software. Can you recommend a software that is similar to ADOBE. I cannot waste any more time on a software program that does not allow you to EDIT. I pay $15 a month for this program and I nor ADOBE seem to be able to make it work.

• 13. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE

These forums are hosted by Adobe. Asking for a recommendation for a third-party application that competes with Adobe is a bit inappropriate. I'm sure you can find plenty of alternatives online. Just google it.

• 14. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                                  jskerrigan Level 1

If ADOBE had a product that worked I would not be in this predicament.  Unfortunately they marketed  a program that does not work. I am just looking for advice as to a company that might sell a program that actually does what it is suppose to do. Am I asking too much ????

• 15. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                                    Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe has many products. And all products work.

• 16. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                                      jskerrigan Level 1

I do not agree and I have the emails to back my statement. Actually I have over 15 emails to prove my case. I have had problems ever since I installed the software on my computer.  ADOBE has taking control of my computer and when they cannot fix it I am told that it is a GLITCH in the program. I  100% disagree with your statement that ADOBE products work.

• 17. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE
                                        jskerrigan Level 1

I just counted the emails I stand corrected I have 29 emails in 6 months about this product not working. Not to mention I have over 25 hours of my time wasted with the same outcome ADOBE's response IT's A GLITCH IN THE SOFTWARE. If this is what you mean about ADOBE's Products working then YES they are doing a GREAT JOB. In my opinion the software is PURE GARBAGE.

• 18. Re: ADOBE DC IS PURE GARBAGE

Yes, we understood that that's your opinion. I think this discussion has ran its course.