10 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2018 5:38 PM by JCrossonNYC

Lightroom Mobile and Windows

JoUhri

Hello there, I'm using Lightroom 6 on PC with Windows 10. Now I want to use it with my Windows 10 tablet but there is no lightroom mobile app für Windows 10.

Can I install my lightroom license an second time on the tablet? Or what else can I do?

Joachim

• 1. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Windows 10 on a tablet is Windows 10, the full version of Windows 10. What tablet do you have?

Install the Full version, Desktop version, of LR on it.

Also LR Mobile is only for the Subscription base, CC, version of LR. You can run LR Mobile on a iOS or Android device for a Trial period but after X number of days it will stop workinig and syncing with LR 6 desktop version.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
            F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In addition to JSM, you are allowed and can have 2 active Installations, i.e. a Desktop and a Laptop/Tablet of the regular full version.

• 3. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
              JoUhri Level 1

O.k., there is no Chance to use lr mobile with the tablet (Surface pro). I hope there will be a universal app soon.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows

There won't be. The Surface Pro is a Real Computer running a Real Desktop operating system. I have no idea what the Windows 10 Phone OS will be or if Adobe even considers releasing a LR Mobile App for it.

• 5. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
                  JoUhri Level 1

That's perfekt. So I'll do a second Installation on the tablet for using it while traveling.

• 6. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows

JoUhri wrote:

That's perfekt. So I'll do a second Installation on the tablet for using it while traveling.

Yes that is what I do. One install on my desktop system and one on my notebook.

The only difference between my notebook and the surface Pro is my keyboard doesn't detach and I have no touch screen (and it is 4+ years old).

• 7. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
                      Arkwrights

Unfortunately Lightroom on a windows 10 surface will not sync with your desktop version, as Creative cloud thinks your running two full versions of Lightroom on both devices. If fact you are, as there still isn't a lightroom mobile app for Windows 10. I have been sat here patiently waiting since I bought the new Surface pro 4. As I especially bought it for editing my photos while on the go and getting more frustrated as it seems like to me that Adobe have no intention of creating a lightroom mobile app for Windows 10.

• 8. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
                        sandym45046810

I am in the same boat, it is very frustrating !

• 9. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
                          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

On a Tablet that is running a full operating system you can go to Lightroom.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe ID and password. That will give you access to all of your collections that you have shared from your master computer, and you can make adjustments to those images on the tablet. You would access the website with your favorite web browser.

• 10. Re: Lightroom Mobile and Windows
                            JCrossonNYC Level 1

I know 2 years have past, but I'm curious to bring this topic back up for discussion. Now that Adobe has released the new Lightroom CC and offers that alongside Lightroom Classic CC, I am curious if you can use Lightroom Classic CC on one computer so sync your Smart Previews the same way the above user has been leveraging the platform, and then use the new Lightroom CC on the secondary Windows PC to make edits to the previews only.

I am careful to note the syncing of Smart Previews because if you sync Smart Previews via Lightroom Classic CC there is no upload limit and you are leveraging Lightroom Classic as your main application ofr import, etc. In that scenario can you use Lightroom CC as the slave for editing. I am aware that if you try to use Lightroom CC natively (syncing your full RAWS) you wind up with a mess of duplicated in Lightroom Classic CC.