3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2016 2:10 PM by steffend36217893

7 days trial instead of 30???

steffend36217893

Hi there!

I've just started my LR trial version. I am not sure yet if I want the CC or the LR6 version to buy, so I was hoping to try the features for 30 days as promised. Now it says immediately after I started the app, that I have only 7 days trial left. Can't figure out why? Anybody encountered the same problem or knows why?

Thanks.

Steffen

• 1. Re: 7 days trial instead of 30???
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, the trials are now only 7 days.

Not enough, in my opinion.

• 2. Re: 7 days trial instead of 30???
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If you have never used LR then in my honest opinion the CC version is the much better deal.

LR Full version, which is what you have to purchase if you never owned any other version of LR, cost $149.

The CC subscription, the Photographers plan, that includes both LR and PS is $9.99 a month for a total of $120- a year.

A savings of $29+ on the first year and includes the Full version of Photoshop.

On top of that you get all the newest features that have been included in the Subscription based version of LR that are NOT included with the stand alone 6 version. And any new features that have been added to Photoshop.

Only new camera updates and bug fixes are included in the updates for the stand alone 6 version.

Also if Adobe comes out the LR 2016 or 2017, which they will at some point, along with LR Version 7 Stand alone no new updates will come out for the 6 version. So at that time you will then have to purchase the upgrade version of LR to stay current and get any new camera support.

• 3. Re: 7 days trial instead of 30???
              steffend36217893 Level 1

Unfortunately, the trials are now only 7 days.

That's too bad and doesn't really make sense. It's not that less people buy the product because they can test it for 3 weeks more...

And actually I tend to the desktop version of LR6, cause you save if you use it for more than a year and I don't think I'll use it often enough that it's worth it for the newly added features in CC.

Thanks.