3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2016 11:26 AM by johnrellis

Preserving GPS Metadata

robertn91570826

I use Lightroom CC on a Mac platform.  My camera is the Fujifilm X Pro2.  The camera has a geotagging setting that I use.  My images lose the GPS metadata when I import them into Lightroom CC.  How to fix this?

• 1. Re: Preserving GPS Metadata
          EricBier Level 3

The x-pro2 does not have a built-in GPS.  It is necessary to use a phone connected to the x-pro2 using its wireless connection.

It is possible that the wireless connection is being lost between the phone and the camera and the GPS data is not being communicated to the camera.

Also check the set up menu under Connection Setting > Geotagging setup that Geotagging and Location Info are ON

• 2. Re: Preserving GPS Metadata
            johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

To build on Eric's suggestions, see this article for more things to double-check: Fujifilm X-Pro2 review | Cameralabs

If the GPS coordinates show in the camera during playback, then another thing to check: In LR's Import window in the right column, make sure Apply During Import > Metadata is set to none:

If that fixes the problem, you've been using a metadata preset that's been clearing GPS.  Edit the preset and make sure Camera Info > GPS is unchecked.

• 3. Re: Preserving GPS Metadata
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

And if none of these suggestions help, upload a sample pic to Dropbox (or similar) and post the link here.  I'll put it under the microscope to see what might be going wrong.

1 person found this helpful