1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2016 11:00 PM by Brad Lawryk

Stock Images for a book cover

annshepherd565

Hi,

I want to use Adobe Stock Images to create a book cover. I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answers to:

1. Will purchasing a standard license suffice? The License Terms and Conditions page says that the standard license can be used for books (it's listed in the examples) and that it can be used for printed documents, but it says that it cannot be used for for Print on Demand services. I publish paperbacks through CreateSpace, which is print on demand. This makes me think I need an Extended License. Does the same hold true for Kindle book covers?

2. If I choose a subscription plan instead of buying photos individually, which license do they come with? Standard or Extended? Basically, what I want to know is if Extended Licenses are always going to be $80 regardless of whether or not you have a subscription plan.

Thanks,

Ann

• 1. Re: Stock Images for a book cover
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1: for a book cover you are fine with Standard license up to a distribution of 500,000 copies if the image is used on the cover. The big difference b a book cover and print on demand merchandise is the book cover is not the main value of the book. The print on demand merchandise such as  or whatever, the image is the reason to purchase.

2: All extended licenses start at $79.99 regardless if you have a subscription or not.

3 people found this helpful