5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 5:23 PM by ssprengel

Update and Lens Profiles

DTM153

How come when ever there is an upgrade I lose all the lens profiles?
      They are profiles that worked initially, but for the last 4 upgrades,

I lose them all, till several weeks later with another update.

• 1. Re: Update and Lens Profiles
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi dtm,

Please uncheck "Enable Profile Correction" under Lens Correction in Lightroom, then Lightroom should detects the Camera profile own its own.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Update and Lens Profiles
            DTM153 Level 1

Always starts in in the base state. Whether box is checked or not, it isn't picking it up.
            As mentioned before, it only happens when there's an update.
            So it works to start with, then after an update, that's when it stops.
            I'm familiar with how the program works.
            It isn't my gear and it isn't how I use it.
            Because my gear is the same, the files are the same, the way I use it is the same

and it wasn't a problem before the updates.
            I was hopeful that Adobe follows these threads and may understand that I believe the problem lies with the update it's self.

• 3. Re: Update and Lens Profiles
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What camera are you using with LR?  Is your current photo a raw photo or something else like JPG, TIF, PSD?

• 4. Re: Update and Lens Profiles
                DTM153 Level 1

Nikon D750, RAW files.
                As mentioned before, it only happens when there's an update.
                So it works to start with, then after an update, that's when it stops.
                It isn't my gear and it isn't how I use it.
                Because my gear is the same, the files are the same, the way I use it is the same

and it wasn't a problem before the updates.
                I was hopeful that Adobe follows these threads and may understand that I believe the problem lies with the update it's self.

• 5. Re: Update and Lens Profiles
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My updates work just fine and I run the same patch installer as you have.

Can we see how you've lost your profiles with a screenshot, showing the file type (extension) and the profile list?

If you're on Windows, you can see a list of all your profile files by going to:

And on a Mac there is a Resources file or folder or package or something, that you can right-click on and choose Show Contents and see the same sort of thing.

Can you also show us a screenshot of your profiles folders/package?

In my Nikon folder I have 136 profile files with an .lcp extension, so look here (or the Package equivalent if on a Mac):

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\Nikon

If these files are missing, then you should uninstall LR 6/CC, then reinstall LR 6.0/CC 2015.0, then install the LR 6.6/CC 2015.6 patch, all from here:

Install Photoshop Lightroom