I was working around the clock all day building an HTML website for a game I was making. Towards the end of the website, all that was left was the SWF file to be embedded in the middle of my homepage, so I used Animate CC to create it. After some testing, I exported the working swf, went back to my HTML, and noticed something was odd... The whole code was overwritten by code generated from Animate. After some analysis, I realized that my previous html had the same name as the Animate document I worked on. So, dozens of hours of work have been wiped out from not being warned that a file exists of the same name (as other applications do). I understand that this is partially my fault for not backing up the file, but I just wanted to inform you about this issue, and the community to not repeat my mistake.
Thanks for the report. If you happen to use Mac, with Time Machine, you could retrieve the HTML from an hour ago. Also, whatever program you edit the HTML it might be able to Undo back to the state it was in before it was overwritten.