3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 12:55 PM by johnrellis

Where did my sort button go?

kellieb33014000

I recently imported a wedding and all of the photos are completely out of order. I have almost 4,000 photos to go through and its really hard to cull when I don't know how many photos of a certain scene I have. Any idea how to get the a/z sort button back?

• 1. Re: Where did my sort button go?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Press T if the toolbar isn't showing. If the toolbar is showing, then click on the little down arrow at the right end and make sure there is a checkmark for sorting.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Where did my sort button go?
            kellieb33014000 Level 1

I can't belive it was so easy, thank you! Unfortunately even after having it sort by capture time the photos are still out of order. I think its because I used two different cameras and a total of 4 memory cards. I think I'll have to figure out how to sync them...

• 3. Re: Where did my sort button go?
              johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
              I think its because I used two different cameras

If the clocks on the two cameras are different, you can easily shift the capture times of all of the pics from the camera whose clock was wrong.  Select all of the pics from that camera (use the Metadata browser of the Library filter bar) and do Metadata > Edit Capture Time.  Set the date/time to be the correct time for the pic shown (the most-selected pic) and then click Change All.  All the other selected pics will have their times shifted by the same amount.