1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2006 9:01 AM by Newsgroup_User

cross-platform issue

auralanoue2
      Hi all. I am having an problem opening Flash files with Flash MX on my PC. These files were created on a Mac, but they do have the '.fla' extension. I did not expect to have a problem opening these files. I am assuming that it is a cross-platform issue. Does anyone know how I can get them to open on my PC, or if they can be converted to open on a PC if I find someone with a Mac that can do it for me? I would really appreciate some suggestions. I hate to have to turn down this project. Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: cross-platform issue
          Level 7
          auralanoue2 wrote:

> Hi all. I am having an problem opening Flash files with Flash MX on my PC.
          > These files were created on a Mac, but they do have the '.fla' extension. I did
          > not expect to have a problem opening these files. I am assuming that it is a
          > cross-platform issue. Does anyone know how I can get them to open on my PC, or
          > if they can be converted to open on a PC if I find someone with a Mac that can
          > do it for me? I would really appreciate some suggestions. I hate to have to
          > turn down this project. Thanks in advance.
          >
          >

I move files between my Mac and PC all the time. Just make sure you
          have the same version installed on both machines. Versions aren't very
          compatible.

-Richard