2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 12:41 PM by neilh59037062

Building a PC for Adobe premiere pro cc (2015) and photoshop.(what do i need)

neilh59037062 Level 1

Any ideas of what types of hardware i should be looking at for a mid range system? I have had a quote so far which is as  followed, any advice on what needs changing or adding would be appreciated. Iv also been told from a friend that i should probably go for a 16 gb memory and that some of the things that are listed are a bit dated. ps i am not very well up on  computer components but would like the PC to be able to run 'Premiere' pretty well for editing HD footage for short films and documentaries however on a budget of around £1000!!Building a PC for Adobe premiere pro cc (2015) and photoshop.(what do i need)

Code

Brand

Description

Quantity

VSK-3000B-U3/U2

ANTEC

Antec VSK3000B-U3 Micro-ATX 1 x USB 3.0

BR500-12R

EVO LABS

Evo Labs BR500-12R 500w ATX 12cm Red Fan

H81M-HDS R2.0

ASROCK

ASRock H81M-HDS R2.0 Skt 1150 Intel Hasw

HX316C10FB/8

KINGSTON

Kingston HyperX 8GB FURY Black Heatsink

GH24NSD0.ARAA10B

LG

LG (Hitachi-LG) GH24NSD0.ARAA10B 24x DVD

BX80646I54460

INTEL

Intel Haswell i5 4460 3.2GHz Quad Core 1

SV300S37A/240G

KINGSTON

Kingston V300 240GB Sata III Solid State

ST2000DM001

SEAGATE

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM 64mb

GV-N730D3-2GI

GIGABYTE

Gigabyte GV-N730D3-2GI NVIDIA Geforce GT

KW9-00139

MICROSOFT

Microsoft Windows 10 64bit English OEI D

PY9-00019

MICROSOFT

Microsoft 850 Desktop Wireless Keyboard

HE247DPB

HANNS-G

Hanns G HE247DPB 24" LED DVI Speakers Mo

USB-ALL-INTB

DYNAMODE

Dynamode Internal 3.5" 52 x Card Reader

Like (0) Reply

• 1. Re: Building a PC for Adobe premiere pro cc (2015) and photoshop.(what do i need)
          RjL190365 Level 4

If that's all that you're going to get for that £1000 or if the configurator at that reseller/vendor recommends such an underpowered system for that much money, then I'd suggest that you go somewhere else: Basically, that configurator either knows absolutely nothing at all about video editing or is trying to attain a huge profit margin (essentially giving his customers the absolute worst-performing system for the money spent).

Also, see my response in the original thread that you linked to above. The build list in both threads is exactly the same. That build is completely unbalanced as listed. Too little RAM (and running only in single-channel, at that, when the CPU's memory controller clearly takes full advantage of dual-channel) and too weak of a GPU, especially for the CPU that you listed.

• 2. Re: Building a PC for Adobe premiere pro cc (2015) and photoshop.(what do i need)
            neilh59037062 Level 1

thanks for your reply and the pionts that you made in the last post. Would it be possible for you to suggest to me an idea of the level of equipment needed that i should be looking for that fits my budget as you have said prevously with the additioal drive and ram with regards to  elaborating on what kind of versions am i looking at for motherboard, CPU, and GPU . regards