• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Sierra and PSE

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Apple has announced MacOS Sierra it's not too early to ask the obvious question: what, if any, versions of PSE work with MacOS Sierra?  It's an important question because I still haven't seen an answer to whether PSE 13 or 14 work correctly on the previous Mac operating system, OS X El Capitan (though there are reports that parts of the product don't work correctly).  The Adobe website continues to underwhelm with it's information on new releases of Apple software and it's products working or not.  Plus we know there were problems when OS X Yosemite (precursor to El Capitan) came out.

I would appreciate anyone who has a preview of MacOS Sierra posting what version of PSE they have and whether it works or not.

In addition, I have a 5K iMac.  That model is known to have particular problems with PSE that Adobe hasn't addressed, at least publicly, for almost 2 years.  So if you have information on PSE on that platform I would also appreciate that.  Right now I'm on PSE 13 and OS X Yosemite because I can't find out if it runs on later versions of the OS or if the major bugs on the 5K iMac have been fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are a bit premature on Sierra which Apple only announced today at WWDC in San Francisco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's premature at all, considering that Apple has beta versions available that PSE users might be trying, and also considering the ongoing lack of clear information about whether PSE products run correctly on the previous version (El Capitan).  Obviously, the OS isn't released to the general public yet, but anything we can find out early will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running PSE13.1 and PSE14.1 on my Mac Book Pro. Both run without problem. I’m still on Yosemite and haven’t updated to El Capitan. This is because Apple have made major hardware changes to the USB stack and I’m aware this has caused major problems for many, importing photos after connecting cameras and devices which are no longer recognized. The only work around I know is to Launch Image Capture to get photos on to the Mac, but that’s extra work that I don’t really need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.  Those are some of the problems I have heard about when searching for information on PSE and El Capitan.  But your hesitation (and mine) on upgrading the OS just underscores the lack of information from Adobe.  It may have been Apple's fault that they changed their USB stack, but that was a year ago and Adobe has been silent (as far as I know) about when they will adapt to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe try and bring out updates as soon as possible, after working closely with Apple. But they are only ever going to update current versions, not older versions.

I think if I had a 5k iMac I would be looking at Adobe Lightroom which can use the GPU as well as the CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Sierra yesterday.  PSE13 seems to run ok but crashes when saving a picture for web.  It immediately crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Sierra was still BETA software... if so, you should EXPECT to have problems... especially with an old program that is not even certified for the El Capitan version of the Mac operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in Elements 12, I open the program and when I import a photo, the program crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeteAnrico wrote:

I am having the same problem in Elements 12, I open the program and when I import a photo, the program crashes.

Have you guys tried to ask on Apple forums why their operating system keeps crashing when running Adobe products?  I am amazed to see the number of posts about Apple MACs having problems.  I thought Windows 10 was bad but Apple has beaten all expectations.

I don't use Apple MAC machine so I haven't got anything to say except to suggest to post some questions on Apple MACs forums.  They should have a forum for general queries.  PSE12 must be very old for a new operating system such as MacOs Sierra but I haven't used it so I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because the OS isn't crashing. Adobe apps are crashing. Adobe has had early access to OS X betas for years, but they choose to now address issues like this until the new OS is officially released, meanwhile many other developers have their apps updated and ready to go by that time. It's really frustrating. Especially when Adobe apps are so expensive and integral to our workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having any problems with Adobe apps. I'm running Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom and PSE14 on Sierra.

Have you tried trashing the prefs for In Design?

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 16.31.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I just tried starting from scratch, again. I wiped a volume, installed Sierra, installed CC (and no other apps whatsoever, so it's only the OS on that volume) installed InDesign and it crashes immediately upon launching every single time.

There's nothing else to try. I submitted about a dozen more crash reports today. Now we wait for Adobe. Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveKChicago wrote:

Yep. I just tried starting from scratch, again. I wiped a volume, installed Sierra, installed CC (and no other apps whatsoever, so it's only the OS on that volume) installed InDesign and it crashes immediately upon launching every single time.

There's nothing else to try. I submitted about a dozen more crash reports today. Now we wait for Adobe. Again.

It could be that you need to use the workaround as suggested in this article:

<Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) >

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 don't work fine with macOS Sierra in my MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About to download the Sierra Beta and want to make sure all my Adobe products (especially Indesign and PS) work with it.

Anyone having issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is crashing on me every few minutes when editing linked images through the Links palette.

It's driving me bonkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve!

Do you have the same issue now that Sierra has passed the GOLDEN MASTER and is officially released to the public? PLEASE advise. Must have a seamless running Indesign CC!

THX for the help bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 99% sure the GM isn't going to change anything. It's Adobe's fault. They've had access to the MacOS betas as long as everyone else, as they do every year, but we never see any fixes until well after release.

If I have time I'll clone my startup volume, install the official release, try InDesgin, and see what I can see. I'll report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT Steve! Let me know & as being said, it needs to be seamless as you know... #damnuupdates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. The latest version of InDesign CC 2015 is still crashing on launch on the latest version of Sierra. I haven't tried the brand new Sierra update beta yet and I have no reason to believe it will change anything, but I might try it anyway just in case.

Sorry I didn't have better news buddy.

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 10.22.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it with the new beta yesterday. No difference.

I submitted a bug report to Adobe. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install Sierra, everything was kinda Ok, agree the save for web from photoshop still crashes the app comply every time, but the worst problem now is with the shift, command and alt keys, they for some reason, stay pressed randomly, so making mask or line straight lines is really a task of patience, am also seeing problems with Wacom tablets not responding as they should. Am using Adobe CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a  upgrade now from adobe for Sierra for Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines