2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2006 8:44 AM by Newsgroup_User

Dynamically creating cuepoints at RUNTIME.

Level 7
      I'm working on an application that I want users to listen to an audio file
      and be able to create a cuepoint while listening to it.

I know I can manually enter in cuepoints, but I want to do them
      programatically.

Anyone have a suggestion? I haven't looked at the Flash debugger much yet,
      I'm really busy on other projects. I just thought I'd throw that out for
      discussion and see if I could avoid any re-work if people have figured out a
      solution.

Thanks,

Chris Hayes

• 1. Re: Dynamically creating cuepoints at RUNTIME.
          Rothrock Level 5
          If you are using the Flash 7 media components (and maybe the Flash 8 ones I just don't have the experience) you can start by reading the help files. There is all the code for adding and subtracting cuepoints listed in there.

Personally I didn't like the mono-directionality of the built in cuepoints and I basically made my own.

An array of times with subtitles to appear.
          A setInterval that went 4 or 5 times a second.
          A function that checks the current playhead position and looks through the array to see if it is in an entry time frame.
          Code to show/do what is needed.
          • 2. Re: Dynamically creating cuepoints at RUNTIME.
            Level 7
            That sounds good. I definitely planned on reading the help files. They come
            in handy Just extremely busy right now.

I may end up making my own also (unless you have anything you can give me).

"Rothrock" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:e2iq95$ksj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > If you are using the Flash 7 media components (and maybe the Flash 8 ones
            > I
            > just don't have the experience) you can start by reading the help files.
            > There
            > is all the code for adding and subtracting cuepoints listed in there.
            >
            > Personally I didn't like the mono-directionality of the built in cuepoints
            > and
            > I basically made my own.
            >
            > An array of times with subtitles to appear.
            > A setInterval that went 4 or 5 times a second.
            > A function that checks the current playhead position and looks through the
            > array to see if it is in an entry time frame.
            > Code to show/do what is needed.
            >