6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 11:53 AM by dj_paige

Cataloge does not show imported picture

kromers767

Computer store put in new hard drive and copied pictures from old hard drive "C" to new hard drive "C" . Old hard drive is still active on computer but named "G" now. Any time I import pictures from new drive "C" they are missing in catalog. I try to reconnect and message says they were not connected. What do I do?

• 2. Re: Cataloge does not show imported picture
          dj_paige Level 9

Show us a screen capture of the problem, where we can see they are missing in the catalog.

• 3. Re: Cataloge does not show imported picture
            kromers767 Level 1

Screenshot 2016-06-16 11.15.00.pngHere is the screen shot. I have loaded pictures back to G drive after last question (original drive pictures were on C drive but it was renamed from the store during upgrade from C to G). So G drive is the original drive the pictures were on. I since have put pictures back on G drive they load ok in Photoshop Elements 14. I backed them up to new C drive. I restored photos as Adobe suggested to new C drive. Today it still can not find pictures on C drive. Any new pictures I add to C photoshop Elements 14 will not see them however, if I transfer to G drive it works.

• 4. Re: Cataloge does not show imported picture
              dj_paige Level 9

The message indicates that Lightroom has an item in it's catalog on the C:\ drive by that name; and another version on the G:\ drive. In that case, you cannot reconnect the G:\ version to the C:\ version.

You have to find the version on the C:\ drive in your catalog. You can do this by

1. in the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, click on all photographs
              2. turn off filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
              3. sort by file name (menu command View->Sort->File Name
              4. scroll up or down until you find the photo by name in alphabetical order

You will find two (or more) photos with that exact name, one on the C:\ drive and one on the G:\ drive. You will have to decide which one you want to keep and which one you want to get rid of. Please examine these photos and see if one of them has the edits associated with it and one of them is unedited. If so, you want to keep the edited version.

• 5. Re: Cataloge does not show imported picture
                kromers767 Level 1

I have deleted all files from G drive before I did the restore command. So I do not understand with the restore to drive C why it did not work. Is the Photoshop Elements stuck looking for a certain serial number drive?

• 6. Re: Cataloge does not show imported picture
                  dj_paige Level 9

Hmmm

The fact that you are using Photoshop Elements was not mentioned in your original post and then your post was moved to the Lightroom forum. You'd be better off asking the question in the Photoshop Elements forum.