Same here - I think this started after the latest update. I also tried all the things you've indicated, and nothing so far has helped. There is an older post that recommends saving the file as a PDF/X file first and then exporting the file (How to fix save as failed to process this document. no file was created (Export PDF) ) But that also does not work for me. This means that it's not just your computer. You may want to file a bug report: Feature Request/Bug Report Form
Thanks, I too have tried the instructions at the link you provided, and still no luck. Thanks for the suggestion. I did just submit a bug report. Hopefully this gets resolved. In the meantime, I'm still looking for a solution... I will post back if I find one.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Open your document in Acrobat. Click on Edit menu > Preferences > Categories > Documents.
Uncheck "Save As optimizes for Fast Web View"
Close Acrobat and then try again. If this doesn't help, would you please share the document with us using either Google drive or Adobe Send https://cloud.acrobat.com/send
I just tried this again and still no luck. This is occurring with each and every single pdf I try to convert. But I did upload a short test version for you to see. Link: Shared Files - Acrobat.com
This is very strange. I am able to export to word and powerpoint without any issue.
Please check if you have any updates pending. Click on Help Menu > Check for updates. Also, launch Adobe Distiller wait for a minute and check if you will be prompted for login. If you be prompted for login, login with your adobe id and password then restart the machine. Launch Distiller again wait for some time if the prompt doesn't appear again they try to reproduce.
Also, you may try reproducing the issue using new user profile (just for testing purpose).
Thanks for the suggestions, Tariq.
I tried all you suggested, and the only thing that worked was a new user account. I created a new user account and did NOT sign in to the Cloud, just ran Acrobat and it allowed me to export to Powerpoint and Work with no problem.
So I'm not sure if there's a conflict with my current user account OR if this is a Cloud issue, since with my current user account, I AM signed in to the Creative Suite Cloud.
For now, it seems I have a workaround. I'll continue to work in my current user account, then switch over to the new one to convert the files. I just don't have the time right this moment to reset all my preferences/etc in the new account. I will report back after doing so, and see if that then changes my ability to convert in the new account. If it does, then I'd say somewhere, there's a preference problem, but if I am able to do that without losing the ability to convert, then I'd say perhaps my current user account is just jacked.
Again, I'll report back either way—for all future generations that stumble upon this issue.
Thanks for your help!
1 person found this helpful
Well, so I've finally figured this out. After creating a new user account, and transferring all my current application preferences and system preferences over, I was able to convert to powerpoint and word. This was all BEFORE I signed into the Creative Cloud. As SOON as I did that, I lost the ability to convert to Word and Powerpoint again. That was the ONLY thing I did that caused this feature to stop working.
Just to test all this, I replicated these steps again with another user account, and same thing. As long as I don't sign into the Cloud on an account, I'm ok, everything converts ok. But the moment I affiliate a user account with a Cloud account, it stops working. Even if I sign out of the Creative Cloud after that.
So it seems for now, my "solution" is to switch back and forth between user accounts in order to convert when I need to. This is a pain since I have to quit out of all my applications and close everything, then reopen all again when I switch back.
I really wish I understood WHY this is occurring.
That is some great sleuthing I hope it will help Adobe to figure out what's going on