2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 4:29 AM by elainel63842261

Putting Students in Debt: Can't Cancel Adobe Stock

benjamino15587497

Like the many other people on this forum before me, I got sucked into the trap that was signing up for an Adobe Stock trial. At the time that I needed it, I signed up to see if it may be applicable to a project I was working on. It was not, and I forgot about it. Fast forward to now, and I am locked in with a HUGE cancellation fee.

Yeah, of course I should have read the "fine print" - but having to pay for the entire year to cancel??? I really thought Adobe was a company with better values than this. I am a student who lives check to check every month and having to continue paying anymore for this subscription is a terrible financial burden. I guess Adobe doesn't mind putting students into even more debt.

Talking to a service agent through the chat is infuriating. Don't even bother. You'll end up with the same offer they give you if you try to cancel yourself, a couple months free to stay, and a massive headache. It's really only postponing the burden.

• 1. Re: Putting Students in Debt: Can't Cancel Adobe Stock
          Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi there

The offer states that your first month will be refunded when you sign up for one year of Adobe Stock (10 images/month) and you can cancel risk free within the first month.  Before signing up you need to agree to the terms and conditions which state that if you cancel after the offer period, you'll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation.

I understand you accepted the offer made by the agent to continue with your subscription.  If this is not what you required, please contact the support team for further assistance - Contact Customer Care

Kind regards

Bev

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Putting Students in Debt: Can't Cancel Adobe Stock
            elainel63842261 Level 1

I have just had to pay £90+ to get out of something I used once and I have also paid 3 months subscriptions! I too signed up for the trial and used one picture which has cost me in the long run more that a camera! These large corporations get rich off innocent people like you and me forgetting to cancel a trial.

I tried everything to get my money back but they are such an unfair company to deal with and are too big to be bothered about the likes of people like us!

I hope one day they have to answer for what they do.....more protection needs to be brought in for us mere mortals!