2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 2:23 PM by kerrishotts

status bar on Iphone

dmatafonov

Hi everybody, sorry for may be dummy queston - I personally never used Iphone, so Im not sure how it supposed to look like.

Problem is - I installed status bar pulgin and set

<preference name="StatusBarOverlaysWebView" value="false" />

<preference name="StatusBarStyle" value="lightcontent" />

Well, now status bar doesnt overlays my app as without plugin, but it does look kinda weird for me.

Is that how status bar supposed to look like or I did something wrong?

Status bar now is white space with green square on the right. Is there a way to remove it completly?

1.png

• 1. Re: status bar on Iphone
          dmatafonov Level 1

Problem was that text in status bar was white and status bar was white as well.

I've set the color and now it looks much better

<preference name="StatusBarBackgroundColor" value="#0d8ccc" />

• 2. Re: status bar on Iphone
            kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

This is because iOS was rendering white text over a white background on the status bar. The green button you saw is actually a portion of the battery level indicator.

The Apple HIG documentation (iOS Human Interface Guidelines: Bars ) shows the difference between light content and dark content status bar styles nicely -- just imagine the "white" background color (which is the default in our case) behind the two colors of text.

Once you changed the background color, the issue went away because the light content style works nicely with the color you specified. Just remember in the future that if you change the background color you might also need to switch to the default dark content status bar style as well.