2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 2:34 PM by jrhoops

Exporting clips - PrE 14

jrhoops

I record an entire 18hr day of activity but only want to export a dozen or so individual minutes of action.  This is recorded in mp4 on a gopro @ 1080p30 (soon to be 1080p60).  What I want to do is export the action in to separate files so later I can combine them with action from other days to create a final video for youtube and other 1080p60 destinations (No physical media).  I use a combination of GoPro studio and Premiere Elements 14 to produce the final video.  In GoPro Studio I just set a bunch of in/out/converts and it produces very large AVI files.  Although storage space is of absolute zero concern to me it does seem wasteful of my time and possible loss of quality to go through this conversion process.  What would be the best workflow in PrE 14 to preserve the original "quality" as coming from the gopro?  I assume exporting as MP4 is probably the best option but what about bitrate etc? I believe I understand the process and concept of subclips in the project assets window but seeing as how I want to delete the hundreds of wasted hours per month of footage I believe I will need to actually export these as individual files before deleting the original source files.  Please advise.  Thank you

• 1. Re: Exporting clips - PrE 14
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Although storage space is of absolute zero concern to me it does seem wasteful of my time and possible loss of quality to go through this conversion process

Absolutely not.

Cineform is a visually lossless codec and on top of that an easy codec to edit opposite to mp4 is a lossy codec and highly compressed and more 'difficult' to edit.

• 2. Re: Exporting clips - PrE 14
            jrhoops Level 1

soooo just do what I am doing by converting in go pro and then moving it to whichever suite I decide I need for the task at hand?  It certainly seems far more simple than any process I have developed in PrE14 thus far and the batch aspect of it just adds to that simplicity.  Other than multiple video track support I find myself in GPS2 most of the time.  Thank you for the advice.