8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 3:49 PM by Rick Gerard

Black Frequency Bands

zyrefiodge

In after effects cs6 I'm using the audio spectrum effect to make a music visualizer.

I can't get the bars to be black, when I set the inside and outside colour to black,

it shows up as white, apart from the bar at the far left, which appears black.

Can somebody help?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Black Frequency Bands
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Don't bother. Simply apply a fill effect or Tint on top of the spectrum.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Black Frequency Bands
            zyrefiodge Level 1

Thanks man, that worked. And is it possible to have an audio spectrum go around an image? I've got the image moving to some music but I want to have the audio spectrum around the image too. Is that possible?

• 3. Re: Black Frequency Bands
              bogiesan Level 4

Around? As in moving the flat spectrum layer around in 3D space so it passes behind your subjects? Or do you want the spectrum effect to appear to be on a sphere or cylinder?

• 4. Re: Black Frequency Bands
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can have audio reaction follow a mask shape.

• 5. Re: Black Frequency Bands
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Pre-compose, 3D layers --- Real Basic AE. If you are new please go through some training materials and become friends with the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE. Type 3D layers in there and check out the community resources to find better quality information and training than you'll find by just browsing YouTube or searching Google.

• 6. Re: Black Frequency Bands
                    zyrefiodge Level 1

I understand how masking works, and I know how to make the audio spectrum follow the mask.
                    What I wanted to do was to make the audio spectrum follow the edge of the image, and when the image grew, so did the
                    audio spectrum. I've got a logo that moves to music, and I wanted to make the audio spectrum be attached to the image.

• 7. Re: Black Frequency Bands
                      Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Precompose the audio spectrum effect and the logo and move that precomp to the music instead.

• 8. Re: Black Frequency Bands
                        Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am still not clear on your workflow. There are about 1000 ways to do what you're describing but I think your solution might be parenting.

A screenshot with the modified properties of the layers in question revealed would help us figure out how you are trying to do you are describing. Just select the layers, press the "u" key twice, print screen and paste (Ctrl/cmnd + v) into the reply field on this forum or, if you are on a Mac, take a screenshot take a screenshot by pressing Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 and then drag the screenshot from the desktop to the reply field on this forum. Nothing could be easier. Then maybe we will stop going around in circles.