7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2006 7:40 PM by Newsgroup_User

Flash menu frame help

Kirkius
      Okay well for my site I want to make a flash menu that goes on the bottom frame and effects the top frame! A good tutorial would be nice! Because im also new to making flash menus. So please help!
        • 1. Re: Somebody?
          Level 7
          Kirkius wrote:
          > Okay well for my site I want to make a flash menu that goes on the bottom frame and effects the top frame! A good tutorial would be nice! Because im also new to making flash menus. So please help!

hi,

What I do assign the actionscripts to my flash menu just like getting URL.

so, if you want to browse the about page of your site it should be like,

on(release){
          getURL("about.html", "_self");
          }

thus loading you desired html page . so, it's up to you if you want t
          put your flash menu in a frame
          or in every html page

hope this works for ya. just trying to help
          • 2. Re: Somebody?
            Level 7
            you are not thinking right - you can't really "effect" frames - rather you can target what *in* a
            frame or frames - preferrably a Movie Clip symbol. I'm afraid a lot more information is needed -
            hard to tell what your skill level is and what you are trying to specifically.

--> Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
            --> www.mudbubble.com :: www.keyframer.com
            --> http://flashmx2004.com/forums/index.php?
            --> http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flash/articles/animation_guide.html
            --> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*flash*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Kirkius wrote:
            > Okay well for my site I want to make a flash menu that goes on the bottom frame and effects the top frame! A good tutorial would be nice! Because im also new to making flash menus. So please help!
            • 3. Re: Somebody?
              Level 7
              Kirkius;
              I suspect you are referring to html frames? If so, you can type the
              target frame name in the window parameter of the geturl action. See the
              documentation for the geturl action in the help/actionscript dictionary
              included with flash. -Tom Unger

• 4. Re: Somebody?
                Kirkius Level 1
                quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
                Kirkius;
                I suspect you are referring to html frames? If so, you can type the
                target frame name in the window parameter of the geturl action. See the
                documentation for the geturl action in the help/actionscript dictionary
                included with flash. -Tom Unger

You are correct and I did go and did what you said and umm it loads the frame its in.( the bottom) I want it to Load the top

• 5. Re: Somebody?
                  Level 7
                  Kirkius;
                  Hard to guess where you went wrong given the information provided...
                  Did you give the target frame a unique name (no reserved words) when you
                  created the frameset? Did you type this frame name into the window parameter
                  in your get url action?
                  -Tom Unger

• 6. Flash menu frame help
                    Kirkius Level 1
                    Well here is what I did exactly, I went into dreamweaver and namend the frame _fishpaste. I then went into flash making a button that on click went to a certain url ( I made the target _fishpaste.) After this I previewed it in macromedia and it only affected the bottom frame
                    • 7. Re: Flash menu frame help
                      Level 7
                      Kirkius;
                      Should work OK. Copy/paste the exact get url action from the
                      actionscript panel, and if possible provide a link to the frameset
                      page. -Tom Unger