7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 12:55 PM by lindsaymayphoto

Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!

cd2576415

I know it's asked tons of times but every answer does not solve my case. I must admit i'm getting EXTREME annoyed since so many people seem to have the same problems.

The case:

I have BRIDGE latest version CC2016

I have Lightroom latest version CC2016

I'm selecting, rating with stars and labeling with colors my pictures in BRIDGE.

After done that starting Lightroom.

I IMPORT the pictures in Lightroom and BANG: NO stars, NO lables in Lightroom and even worse: ALL my previous stars and labels are GONE in Bridge.

All work gone. Thanks Lightroom!

YES i have in Lightroom set Metadata: Colorlabels to Bridge standerd

YES i clicked Read metadata from file TONS of times

YES i checkedboxed all boxes in the Metadata tab from Catalog settings

NO i'm not happy and YES i'm upset after all those time of trial and error.

Anybody who can help me without tons of difficult words and text will be in y testimonials.

(Sorry all, i know i sound angry and i must admit, i am. Help is really REALLY appriciated)

• 1. Re: Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

I just tested importing ratings and labels added by Bridge into LR (CC 2015.6), and it worked as expected. So there's something in particular in your configuration that's causing the issue. 

First thing to check: Make sure you don't have an import metadata preset that's clearing those fields.  In the right column of the Import window, make sure Apply During Import > Metadata is set to None and try doing a test import.  If that fixes the problem, then you've been using a metadata import preset that clears rating and label -- edit the preset and uncheck the corresponding boxes.

• 2. Re: Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!

[This post contains images, so view in a Web browser.]

Here's a screenshot of the Import window:

• 3. Re: Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!
              cd2576415 Level 1

Dear Johnrellis,

Thank you very very much for your input. It's really very appreciated.

I followed your suggestion and indeed i have a preset. So i set it to none, exactely as your screenshot shows.

As result i'm glad to inform that my ratings (stars and color rating) from Bridge stays intact. However they are still not imported in Lightroom.

So a small step in the proper direction i would say. Already a great relief t.b.h!

Hopefully you have more knowledge to share leading me to the giant leap! Again very much thanks so far!

• 4. Re: Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!
                As result i'm glad to inform that my ratings (stars and color rating) from Bridge stays intact. However they are still not imported in Lightroom.

Hmm.  Can you take a sample photo with this issue (stars and label assigned in Bridge that don't import into LR) and upload the photo to Dropbox or similar?  That could help troubleshoot the precise issue.

• 5. Re: Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!
                  cd2576415 Level 1

Johnrellis,

I think we can both have a beer. After an overnight with of course a reboot most suddenly the ratings and labels start to import.

For me very peculiar and non explainable, but it seems your previous solution did the trick after all. (for now: maybe my lightroom is haunted.....)

I still find it a bit unsatisfying that books for Lightroom  not always explains to more in dept details. In my 250 page book your solution is simply not mentioned leaving me in a state of distress.

It is good to know people like you are around on the forum and pinpoint the problem after 1 simple post. Thank you very much my hero. You have done very well!

• 6. Re: Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!

Well, glad you got it working again!

• 7. Re: Importing star ratings and color labels...AGAIN!
                      lindsaymayphoto

Hi there! I hope this finds you both well!  I'm having a similar issue, and you have proven that my preset needs to be adjusted.   Is all I need to change the "rating" check box and the "label" check box in the preset?  They are both unclicked in this setting as of right now. Thank you so very much!